Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my cover off today and find the battery is dead. What are my options to get into the car?? Obviously the fobs won't work and I have no regular key to open the doors/trunk. :disgust:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Did you try the key in your fob?
There is a little tab that slides right below the key ring part. Slide it and pull the key out. Hope this helps! (btw, you can also use the key to lock/unlock your glovebox)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK So now that I feel like a dope for not figuring that out on my own, I can say thanks to you guys for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
OK So now that I feel like a dope for not figuring that out on my own, I can say thanks to you guys for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated!!!!
You'd be surprised the things you can learn by reading the owners manual.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Same thing happened to me this year, totally dead battery but I knew about the key. To make sure this don't happen again I bought one of these:

After charging up with a regular 2amp trickle charger for several hours I put the Battery Tender JR on and let it slowly bring it up in stages (does this automatically) until fully charged and then I just leave it on until the weather breaks and I start driving it around again. Works great at keeping the battery charged and gives me peace of mind cause I know it wont go dead on me:redcap: again.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Also don't just jump start it and go. Put charger on the battery and leave it until the battery is charged, probably a day. Then as mentioned earlier, get a Battery Tender.

The parasitic battery draw on these cars is about 30 mA assuming you have no aftermarket add on equipment. 30 mA will drain your battery in 60-90 days.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Be careful once you get the door open, don't shut the door or you'll be locked in.
Yes, you'll be locked in, unable to start the car or even roll the windows down.
Also, with the battery dead, your cell phone won't work, so you won't be able to call for help.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
No, the dope is the salesman who delivered your car. That should be one of the items he explains to you as you take delivery.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Well I hope you fools are joking as the last time I checked if you pull the handle from inside it will open the door power or no power.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts