Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have a Dodge Challenger 2013 V6.
With the engine off, the battery loses power. after two days battery is unloaded to zero. Battery is dead. I charged the battery and I checked the fuses. there is burnt Number 8 blue 15A in trunk box.
When I remove the fuse, the car does not consume electricity, but i cant open and start the engine. So there is a problem somewhere.
According to the diagram it is 8 - 15 Blue Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC) / Wireless Ignition Node (WIN).

the electricity disappears from the car because something is drawing electricity. it is the 8th fuse in the trunk responsible for the WIN module

What could be wrong?

here the fuse is inside and battery loses power

here fuse is out of box and battery is fine but i cant open and start the engine

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
1.2 amp is a very high drain - no wonder the battery goes dead

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
I know, that's why I am looking for a solution that consumes electricity
if you know the fuse to pull to stop the parasitic draw, you can find the circuit causing causing it by referencing the lid of the fuse box. What does the lid say #8 fuse controls?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the diagram it is 8 - 15 Blue Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC) / Wireless Ignition Node (WIN).

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
The DLC is the ODBIIplug under the dash by the hood release. It is where the code reader/scan tools get plugged in. I know it has a red wire which is always hot, maybe your plug’s got a short to ground in it. You can unscrew two screws holding the plug into the trim piece and pull it down so you can inspect the wires going into it. Do that and look for frayed wires or anything that could cause current to escape one of the wires underneath their insulation.

The WINS module allows your key FOB to work on your car and no one else’s. So disabling it (by pulling that fuse) would mean you could not start the car.

Reactions: Rob446

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Also, I seem to remember there being a recall for a WIN module problem on some year models. You should use the VIN to check the Dodge recall website for any outstanding recalls on the car. If one for the WIN module is outstanding, that might be your solution there - take it to a dealership and have them perform the recall, thereby possibly fixing your problem in the process.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Recalls. Mopar. Com

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Looks like there is an outstanding recall to have the charcoal canister replaced, but that’s all I see for that VIN:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this recall is not a problem that i have with electricity...
if i replacd the WIN module then i must replad my keys too? or can i replace only module and programm it with my keys?

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
this recall is not a problem that i have with electricity...
if i replacd the WIN module then i must replad my keys too? or can i replace only module and programm it with my keys?
I don’t think the WIN module is your problem. If it were malfunctioning, you would have problems starting the car.

Do you have any aftermarket devices on the car like an alarm system or anything plugged into the ODBII port?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,385 Posts
Can we go back a bit? How long have you had this car, and when did the problem start? If you just got it, I would look under dash, in console for ANY item that looks like it isn't factory installed. Any loose wiring, any non factory connectors? Someone may have installed something and tied into that power line for power.
You are in Poland, correct? So there probably isn't a lot of others around that you can compare to at a car show or something, right?

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep im from poland in europe. There is really hard to find another challenger and compre.. i really dont know what is going on. All of my car is original (oem factory). I ordered addictional key last week and i think it could be the reason (Programming) but the guy who programed this key said that it is impossible

Can we go back a bit? How long have you had this car, and when did the problem start? If you just got it, I would look under dash, in console for ANY item that looks like it isn't factory installed. Any loose wiring, any non factory connectors? Someone may have installed something and tied into that power line for power.
You are in Poland, correct? So there probably isn't a lot of others around that you can compare to at a car show or something, right?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts