Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the 85mm & 90mm throttle bodies and cold air intake kit for your HEMI in stock at our Florida facility, and ready to ship!

85mm HEMI Throttle Body
Info / Order: BBK 85mm Throttle Body 05-10 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L, 6.1L

90mm HEMI Throttle Body
Info / Order: BBK 90mm Throttle Body 05-10 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L, 6.1L

HEMI Cold Air Intake Kit
Info / Order: BBK Cold Air Intake System 05-10 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7, 6.1L

Give us a call toll free if you have any questions or would like to order over the phone! 888-SPD-LOGX

·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We got more in today, so everything is in stock!!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
A few of you asked for some up close pics of the Throttle Bodies so here a few more pics of these we took today.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Great mod for your 5.7 or 6.1! Lowest priced cast TB on the market! Made in the USA. In stock and ready to ship!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Alot of people ask what kind of gains can be had from a TB like this.

Here is a writeup from a forum member (hemifever) about his experience/testing of an 85mm BBK Throttle Body on his 5.7 Challenger

I did a pre/post dyno of a BBK 85mm TB. The car is a 2010 R/T 6 spd Challenger. Mods for the pre-dyno pull are DSP, 180 stat, Flowmaster 44 cat back, and Mopar CAI. I made 3 pulls in this config to ensure the tune was good. 1st pull was to blow out the carbon. 2nd pull backed up the first. I then pulled the fuse to simulate a pcm reset so tuning the tb would be more of a fresh pcm reset comparison. The first three pulls had 11.9 to 12.0 a/f with a max KR of .5 through the pull. Nice solid tune. Then I put the tb on. KR was 2.5 and a/f went as high as 12.8 through parts of the curve. I liked my timing curve where it was so I richened it back up to a 12.0 to 12.2 curve and ended up with a max of .5 KR which matched the initial pulls.

Basically there was about 11 hp and 15 tq increases through most of the curve. I was pretty impressed with it. The dyno I went to was 2 hours away mostly interstate. I gained 1 mpg on the drive home. TB, 1/2 tank less gas (less weight), fresh pcm reset, and pouring down rain. So those gains could be any and/or all of the above.

The initial pull after the tb install showed .1 PEAK hp less and 3 PEAK tq increase. 3 and 4 hp gains through the curve and about 7 tq gain. It made a nice difference tuning out the KR from the leaner a/f ratio. Bringing the 12.8 a/f back to a 12.2 picked up a good power increase without the KR

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Very easy bolt on mod, proven to pick up hp. We have 85 and 90mm in stock and ready to ship

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Have you put an 85mm on ur GWE car yet?

·
Vendor
348 Posts
has y'alls 392 gotten one of these tb's yet for a review?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts