Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bbk or jba shorties? Any experience or opinions?

5,134 Posts
Last I checked, the BBK ports were round, whereas the JBA are the correct D shaped ports.

I'm assuming you're talking about the 5.7 or 6.1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, 5.7. Good to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Installed the JBA Titanium coated shorty headers last June .Great fitment and a 3/8" flange so warping won't be an issue.Used the factory R/T 5.7L gaskets as they have the flange that protect the valve cover gaskets from heat damage.The JBS gaskets are not up to the job IMHO(see pics).Heat wrap or lift the alternator 1.5"-2" cable using a heavy duty black nylon tie and fasten it to the cable bundle that runs to the fuse box.This is necessary as the alternator cable will run close to the top of the passenger side header after installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts

I would skip both and get a tip to tip SRT 8 exhaust. You can get a complete one with stock manifolds for the same or less. You'll get more performance with the same amount of work. The JBA's are similar copies of the SRT 8, so much so that JBA does not even make an SRT 8 shorty. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Headers

Hi, well I looked at both headers at the parts supplier and the Bbk do have a different shape and does not match the heads on the 2010 RT. But that aside they both looked well made I went with the JBA and the dark titanium coating as they properly match and with the coating it will makecthe engine compartment run cooler.

I have had them on the car now for 3 months without issue and I am very pleased with them.

Best of luck on your choice!

Todd
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
2013 Challenger R/T Blacktop - BBK's off, JBA's on. Broken collector welds after countless leaks and adjustments. Plus as folks have said the ports are not correct even though they are not the issue. Advise for anyone doing shorty headers.
1. Use JBA coated headers.
2. Use SRT8 factory bolts with heat activated thread lock.
3. Use SRT8 or R/T factory exhaust manifold gaskets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts