Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed the rear and front but upon adjusting the rear shocks, I ended up with a high ride in the back instead of low

I'm unsure of how to properly adjust the back, do I adjust the springs and the shocks or just the shocks?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,133 Posts
just go on youtube..anytime i am gonna do anything i go on youtube..they have video,s for everything and its free and will save you a ton of time and headaches

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm unsure of how to properly adjust the back, do I adjust the springs and the shocks or just the shocks?
You adjust the spanner nuts (gold nuts) located on the spring mount. To lower the car, you will raise the spanner nut and to raise the car, you will lower the spanner nut.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You adjust the spanner nuts (gold nuts) located on the spring mount. To lower the car, you will raise the spanner nut and to raise the car, you will lower the spanner nut.

So to clarify I will NOT adjust the shock in the rear? Only the springs?

Also what do I set the preload to?
We messed with it by accident initially so now it's not where it was set to by BC

·
Registered
324 Posts
Set the height of the car by adjusting the brass nuts above the springs then reassemble everything except the shock. Compress the spring 5mm with a floor jack.
Mount the top of the shock then adjust the shock length so that the bottom mounting bolt lines up and install it.

Done.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Set the height of the car by adjusting the brass nuts above the springs then reassemble everything except the shock. Compress the spring 5mm with a floor jack.
Mount the top of the shock then adjust the shock length so that the bottom mounting bolt lines up and install it.

Done.

Just finished the fronts properly and about to get started on the rear; going to do as you suggested, thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Done.

Just finished, honestly your directions were the most helpful, real straightforward.

Now, one issue I have is that when driving I get a rattling sound from the back, but it isn't constant. I can't find any way to trigger it.
It happens in drive or at a complete stop.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you mean it rattles when moving and not moving?

Or

It rattles while moving and coming to or leaving a stop?

If it's a moving rattle, go back and recheck both the upper and lower bolts for the shock. Sometimes you have to really crank down on the lower bolt.

Everything should be bolted up with the tires on and the suspension loaded.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a rattling sound as well. Check the spanner nuts, mine had loosened after a couple of hundred miles.
Always a good practice to recheck torque after 100-200 miles after tinkering with suspension/wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts