Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to lower my R/T. I've got a non-STP 6spd manual with the 20x8" wheels. I have been planning on buying Mopar Stage 1 with Bilstein shocks/struts or the Eibach Pro kit. It was recommended to me on a Facebook page for Challengers that I consider BC Racing coilovers (https://store.bcracing-na.com/br-series-coilover-dodge-challenger-2011-2016-p1122.aspx).

This car is my daily driver. I drive it year round - rain, snow, or shine. I don't race and most likely never will. I'm really just looking to get rid of the 4x4 look.

Are coilovers enough better than springs and shocks/struts for me to go that route? I've read that even with the Mopar springs I might need to get a camber kit, which would make it cost as much as the coilovers anyway. I'm not looking to drop thousands on the suspension, but $1k for the BC Racing coilovers I could do. I'll be doing the install myself.

When going to coilovers, would I still need to consider a camber kit? Is there anything else I should consider or know?

Based off my use, what is the better suspension route for me to take?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It's quite possible you will still need camber adjustments with the coil overs.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
depends on how much you lower the vehicle
Luke

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
depends on how much you lower the vehicle
Luke
I have been looks at the BC is ,, 2 inch drop with the STP a problem?
I have rt plus 2015 STP .. thanks
Also love your fast service,, do you sell all that I would need ?

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
anything above 1.25 or so will require something to keep from wearing tires, and in reality the wear isn't bad, handling is much improve with 1.5 inch of negative camber

we do not sell really anything yet to correct the camber....thank you by the way

the only coil overs we carry are the JRI/Ultimate Performance, the mopar version of the KW and the A2Speed, would recommend the A2Speed if drag racing, for serious autox or any form of road racing, would only recommend the following
Luke

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/steve-white-catalog-05-18-challenger-charger-ultimate-performance-coil-over-system-swmult?parent=1032

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anything above 1.25 or so will require something to keep from wearing tires, and in reality the wear isn't bad, handling is much improve with 1.5 inch of negative camber

we do not sell really anything yet to correct the camber....thank you by the way

the only coil overs we carry are the JRI/Ultimate Performance, the mopar version of the KW and the A2Speed, would recommend the A2Speed if drag racing, for serious autox or any form of road racing, would only recommend the following
Luke

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/steve-white-catalog-05-18-challenger-charger-ultimate-performance-coil-over-system-swmult?parent=1032
I'm planning on just about 1".

On a daily driver just keep it simple and throw some springs on it, cheap and effective.
I have the Nivomat rear shocks, so I have to change those out regardless. Since the front struts will be out of the car, I might as well change those, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts