Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
264 Posts
Is it OAT compliant? I would just stick with the original Mopar OAT coolant for your car. It’s not very expensive and you will be sticking with OEM. Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,695 Posts
As mentioned, Be Cool is Propylene-Glycol , modern Challengers use OAT (Organic Acid Technology), and they should never be mixed. The original OAT coolant is a long life coolant, and the suggested coolant for the 392

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Is Summit Racing's Be Cool coolant good to use in our 392's
It could be made to work in the 392, but doing so would require lots of labor (draining and flushing orig coolant out completely before introducing new stuff), and it would not result in any extra cooling ability above and beyond what the stock coolant already provides (except possibly in some extreme edge cases).

Bottom line: don’t buy any if still trying to decide whether or not to make a purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already had the coolant. 1st change as far as I know. Piece of mind with OEM. Thanks for the descriptive answers & Help sirs!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,543 Posts
Propylene Glycol may not have the correct pH level that would make it compatible with engines with aluminum heads.

That's the major point of using the appropriate formulation depending on the materials the engine and cooling system are made up of.

the other point is the purple coolant - if mixed with any other types of coolant will gel - there's technical bulletins about this. there's also images of gelled coolant inside of hoses and the like

Trying to flush every last bit out heater core, block and cooling modules would be critical. Probably removing the drain plugs from the block as well to flush out and residual coolant.

I wouldn't chance it. A lot of the alternative products are primarily aimed at the older engine designs from the 60s - 80s and not the aluminum / iron or all aluminum engines that came along from the mid 90s onward

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Unless you have done mods to your vehicle that is making it overheat you don't need any changes to the coolant or system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts