Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'll likely be at the Bear Mountain Cruise Night tonight, 7/30/14.

It's a great event with tons of cars...everything you can think of, from Italian exotics to American muscle to lifted trucks to vintage classics.

If anyone else is thinking of going, post up in here and let's try to meet up at some point.

www.PopYourHood.com

Challengers I've seen there before (long before I had mine):

Cheers,
Roody

·
Registered
498 Posts
damn Roody....I would be there but I am heading to Lebanon for a test n tune night. I havent gotten a chance to be at Bear Mountain yet this year. Im sure the turnout is gonna be excellent with this awesome weather

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is only the 2nd or 3rd of the year if I'm right, seems like it rains every Wednesday...

Lot of people have been complaining about them cancelling the show early in the day when the forecast was for >50% chance of rain, but when a good portion of the cars are hot rods on summer tires (many with no roof, or decades old), it's tough to plan for a show that could put many peoples' vehicles (and consequently, lives) in jeopardy.

Tonight should be a good turnout though! I'll have my camera with me, so hoping to find some other Challengers to park next to.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yea, I know a bunch have been canceled, and your right, it has been amazing how many wednesday nights have been rainy....I think that will be even more reason that tonights turnout should be impressive.....put it this way, if I wasnt already going to the track I would definitely be going to Bear Mtn....I really wish Lebanon would change the test n tune nights to thursdays!!! Then I could do both in the same week!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Me and my wife finally have the opportunity to make it tonight for the first time. Can’t wait!

Should be a beautiful night.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think a big reason they have to make a call early on cancelling the show with iffy weather is because the whole show is in the big flat grass field. I think the last thing the state wants is for their beautiful grass lawn to be destroyed by cars pulling into a mushy field! I know that the shows that are real early season and a couple of the last few shows are in the smaller blacktopped parking lot....not nearly as nice as a stroll through a few hundred cars on a nice lawn.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BklynAJ, I'm going to send you a PM.

GARRETTECH, I agree entirely. Low-profile tires + wet/soft grass = no more perfect lawn.

Might even set up the GoPro for the drive up there...roads are phenomenal...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw a bunch of Challengers there last night - will try to post pictures tonight. Didn't meet anyone but saw a lot more than expected.

Holy sh!t was it crowded. It took me an hour and a half to do what is usually a half-hour drive, just to get to the gates. Traffic was stopped from the beginning of the Toll Road all the way to the entrance, roundabout included, bridge, etc.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah! I got there a little before 6 and there was a line, I parked on the lawn. It was definitely an awesome turnout last night. Sorry we didn’t get to meet but me and my wife where very caught up with all the beautiful cars. 3 hours was defiantly not enough time. The line getting out was crazy, so we waited till about 9:30. I will defiantly be back. Catch you at the next show.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
However many a metric f%&kton is. This is about 1/3 the field:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So here's the few pictures I snapped last night. Probably about 1/2 the Challengers there were are in the photos, along with a few other neat things. Honestly it was too crowded to get a good number of shots. Pretty sure the first one is BklynAJ...

And a teaser from the photoshoots I've been doing of my car:

Reactions: BklynAJ

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wooo! (That's tonight's beers talking, not me) I won't be in the area next week (vacation) but you sure can bet I'll be there in 2 weeks, 8/13...

We should all meet somewhere before so we can at least park together. Would make for a nice mini-CT meet&greet / cruise! And, traffic permitting, I would love to shoot a video of us driving the Bear Mtn. Toll Road...

·
Registered
498 Posts
À buddy of mine from Cornwall that I work with was in a deli and he heard someone talking about last nights show...come to find out it was one of the guys running 5he show and he said last night was the record largest turnout

·
Registered
341 Posts
I grew up driving the Goat Path from Peekskill, finally drove it with my Z06. Now that it's gone, I'd love to try my new baby.
Since I still belong to my Corvette club, I'll be coming from North Jersey with some Corvettes.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hah, you can hang with my friend who convoys with me in his gray C5

1 - 20 of 20 Posts