Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I am a little all over the place here, I am excited and a little scattered:

So after some flippidy flop with the dealers (should have gone with Lee at Baxter to begin with, they are great!), I slid into the seat of a monster yesterday. That's right I pulled the trigger on my '11 392 Blk/Stripe Delete beastical.

This car has a huge blind spot. Good, now that the negatives are out of the way, holy **** this car is rediculously fun to drive! I drove it from Omaha to Dallas yesterday straight through. I had so much fun tearing up the highway! I varied the speed for the first 500 miles. I thought that was going to be a chore, but honestly I had a lot of fun coasting a bit then giving it lots of throttle. When I was alone on the road, I would drop it down to about forty and gun it in fourth gear. Amazing pull. Throttle response in all all

Stopped after 200 miles and got the oil switched out (the great debate). I did a lot of research and it seems at best I clean out my engine from beak in materials floating around and at worst I wasted my money. No big deal. I guess I figure a $100 is not a huge deal on a $49,000 (after TTL and options, this is the other great debate of defining your price).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised going from a Civic Si ($23k) to a Challenger ($49k), but the difference could not be wider. I am a big guy, and this car fits me so much better. The ride is so comfortable, refined, solid. The extremely windy KS/OK drive through didn't once whip my car around.

To sum up, I am kind of scared because now I will never be able to drive something less awesome, but hopefully I can keep this thing forever.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Awesome Yodajuice! Glad it worked out for you. Lee was great for me too. Great guy, great service, great deal.

As for the car...He'll yes!

I wanted to drive mine home too, but I couldn't get the days off from work I'd have needed so I had to wait for the truck. I can't wait to take mine on a nice loooong cross country drive (with plenty of empty open stretches). I've got about 1,000 miles from mostly commuting so I've only been able to open it up for short windows, but you're right - holy cow does this car MOVE! I know its a heavy car, but you wouldn't know it when you press the peddle past 30%. Then just hold on. We were in the canyons on mothers day and it corners like it's on rails. No roll, no loss of grip. Comfortable too! Amazing car! Can you believe we're this lucky? The best solution to the blind spot I've found is keep going forward as fast as possible. Woohoo! I've never been a huge car guy before so my wife just Laughs at me now that I'm in the driveway washing it every weekend. Gotta take care of the beast! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase (need more details... R/T, SRT? Color?) sounds like you're already in love with the car. Being in Oklahoma I understand the wind not moving the car around, we do have some wind here :) Many people assume the biggest traits of the Challenger are looks and performance. Actually, to me, the biggest trait is being a pleasure to drive for 1000+ miles or more, and looking awesome while doing it!

Congrats, be sure and put up some pictures!

·
Registered
389 Posts
You definitely hit the nail on the head - you're so right, once you've driven cars like these, you'll never want to go back to some commuter jelly bean. Its a life altering experience. There's "driving" - point A to B blah; then there's living for every opportunity to drive because its genuinely fun - and you've got a car that makes it so. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
They are a blast to drive. They also get lots of attention from everyone. Go find a lonesome 2 lane windy road and have a blast.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
When I was alone on the road, I would drop it down to about forty and gun it in fourth gear. Amazing pull.
The flexibility of the 392 M6 in 4th gear is astonishing. It has so much midrange grunt that 4th will pull strong from 35 MPH. Hard to believe 4th will also top-out at about 135 MPH.

You could almost drive this car in 2nd and 4th only - reminds me of the old GM 2-speed slush boxes where the driver relied on massive torque instead of gearing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's awesome!!!!

I picked mine up on Friday and I'm in love with this thing!!!!

It's like everything on the car is just smooth. It handles like a dream and the speed, OMG!!! It's like the car throws you back in the seat as you bury the pedal. I'm a tall guy too and I love how the put more room into this one. The 2010 SRT was nice but this car is a totally different beast. You hit the nail on the head with "Beast Mode".....LOL :redcap:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Congratulations on your purchase (need more details... R/T, SRT? Color?) sounds like you're already in love with the car. Being in Oklahoma I understand the wind not moving the car around, we do have some wind here :) Many people assume the biggest traits of the Challenger are looks and performance. Actually, to me, the biggest trait is being a pleasure to drive for 1000+ miles or more, and looking awesome while doing it!

Congrats, be sure and put up some pictures!
2011 SRT8 392, Black with Stripe Delete -- Fast as Hell!

Still going strong into the weekend. Have had a chance to drive it locally and it is every bit as sick as it was on the drive home. Looks great in my garage backed in!

I am waiting on some Meguair's cleaning products to come in and I am going to clean it up nicely, then I will get some pics up.

I want to get the lock-pick and back-up / front cameras, anyone know a good install place in DFW for this type of thing?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Beast is the perfect name for the 392. Congrats.

You chose well with Lee.

·
Registered
25 Posts
3,000 miles in 3 weeks. Sold my 2008 SRT8 Challenger and bought the 392 Beast with Toxic Orange and lovin it ! 145 MPH on my way to work this morning.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Yoda, I am glad to see you are enjoying your car... But then again, how can you not enjoy that car!

·
Vendor
5,693 Posts
Congrats on your new 392!! Reading this makes me even more excited to receive mine in about a week. :)

So after some flippidy flop with the dealers (should have gone with Lee at Baxter to begin with, they are great!)
Ditto!!!

I ordered my GWE 392 from a local dealer, only to cancel and go with Lee / Baxter and I'll never buy from anyone else!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
2011 SRT8 392, Black with Stripe Delete -- Fast as Hell!

Still going strong into the weekend. Have had a chance to drive it locally and it is every bit as sick as it was on the drive home. Looks great in my garage backed in!

I am waiting on some Meguair's cleaning products to come in and I am going to clean it up nicely, then I will get some pics up.

I want to get the lock-pick and back-up / front cameras, anyone know a good install place in DFW for this type of thing?
Congratulations! You should look into Zaino products for your black car. Especially for Wax. I have a black 392 and use only Zaino products because there is no residue and it wipes on and off easily. They know their stuff. Plus I only wax only once per year with 2 coats. Just google Zaino and it should be the first hit.

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts