Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just paid off my 2012 RT classic.. maybe 3 months ago.. im looking at a 2016 392 Shaker with Scat Pack. 15k miles.
i havent talked to the dealer, but they want 35k. i wanna get them to 30, and get 15k for my trade (its got 85k on the clock now, but in great shape , minus a minor paint\clear coat issue on the front bumper).
think that's doable? i HATE talking to the sales guys.. they drive me nuts..

also, ive been out of the game at looking at specs on the challengers for a few years.. what is the 'active exhaust' ??

·
Registered
515 Posts
Active exhaust is what has been on the 392s and added to the 5.7 Hemi engines starting in 17. I can't go technical, but it is basically great sounding exhaust that is louder the harder you are on the pedal. With light acceleration it is a bit more reserved so you don't wake up the neighborhood. Both engines sound great with it.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Good luck trying to get a used Scat Pack shaker for 30K. 35K seems to be the going rate. There are other variables when you consider options on the car, but generally speaking, I don't think the dealer is far off in value.

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
Congratulations on paying it off, why not enjoy it while saving money for the next one rather than burying yourself on a different one. Better off saving and buying a new one. I've done what you're looking to do and forever was permanently in debt. I don't think you'll get what you think for your current car but may be incorrect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts