Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! Just picked up a 2009 R/T, finally. Used to lurk here a lot to stay caught up on Challenger news, used to have a 72 Challenger with a monster hillbilly-built 318.

Anyway... here's a pic of my old beater and the new beauty, nearly 20 years apart...

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome back. What was done to the 318?

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome back! Nice pictures.

·
Premium Member
2010 Challenger SRT8
634 Posts
Welcome from Wa State!

If you're on Facebook, come check out the Black Challenger Group. Exclusive to current and former owners of any generation Black Challenger! If you ask to join, PLEASE have a pic of your car that can be seen at the Public level. We screen every applicant. No Publicly viewable pic of your car means we'll ask what you drive and expect a reply before joining you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome back. What was done to the 318?
Heh, I don't know the specifics. A crazy mopar buddy I used to have had it in his dart, but he wrecked it. Then I found the Challenger and bought it from him and he swapped it out. If I recall correctly, he said it had 420hp. I don't know if that was true, but I think it was close, because it was every bit as fast as my new 5.7 hemi. But, like I said, I have no idea what he did to it. I do know that I blew up a radiator and melted a transmission before switching to a heavy duty radiator and a 3500 stall converter. It was the most ungodly thing I have ever heard on a street. It had 3" straight pipes going to dominator (?) mufflers. Like an idiot, I traded the car and engine. But I did get a 67 Formula S Cuda out of it. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a giant piece of crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts