Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But I can't seem to find it (most SRT guys add much more than I intend to). Q: I intend to add a Magnusson Super Charger to Stock SRT. Will have performance tune. I will NOT add anything else. I assume the HP increase will be different than a 5.7 with similar arrangement. How much HP/Q gain can I expect with 8 psi boost?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would guess around 120 whp with a custom dyno tune. That's about what I gained with the exact setup your thinking of going with. Other than catback which really don't count.

·
Registered
968 Posts
SRT models have shorty headers. Supercharging alone will be extremely beastly, and I will definitely start considering it when my warranty lapses

·
Registered
4,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That is impressive with only 6.0 psi. I'm guessing approx. 135 additional ponies (I believe the 5.7's pick up about 110-120 with 6.0 psi---from what I've seen on these threads). I believe Magnusson sells warranty for the motor (extra charge) if you only run 6.0 psi. May rethink 8.0 psi. 558 is plenty.
I agree; having 500-520 rwtq available from 3.5k - 5.5k rpm is well more than enough for this car on the regular roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts