Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on hot days after a hard run and with the car cooling down in the garage (engine off) I would hear this beep noise from under the hood. Sounds like a roadrunner horn with very low battery voltage. :grin2: So I do a search on google and I see the Hellcat guy(s) complain of a similar noise coming from their intercooler system. Long story short, I found that the coolant recovery tank (I have an RT) was the source of the noise. Whenever I crack the cap open an release pressure the noise goes away. Never, had this problem (annoyance) on the various cars I have owned...must be a Mopar thing. :dunno:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yes, the coolant tank holds pressure at high temps that slowly bleeds off as the system cools. It happens to some and not to others.

2 things you can check: How old is your car? Consider getting a new coolant cap if your car is older or just upgrade to one that has a SLIGHTLY higher or lower pound rating than stock.

Check the bleed down tube (rubber tube that runs from just under the coolant cap) and make sure it is not squished or blocked partially.

(I recently got the noise and replaced my coolant cap with the new factory equivalent, which is now 17 pounds rather than the 18 mine was, and the noise has stopped)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2015...like I said, never experienced this on any vehicle I have ever owned. Even have a '13 hemi GC with almost identical coolant set-up and it never beeped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts