Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little cousins baseball team is having a car wash to help them get a spot to play in the state tournament or what ever. I want to know what you guys think about taking my car there? He told me to "please please take your Challenger there so I can show my friends your cool car." But I know that the rags will be dirty and almost 99% sure that there will be scratches but it is hard to tell kids no. I was thinking if I take it there will the damage done get repaired with a good hand wax?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
It's just a car, but it will be a lifetime experience for the kids to fondle your car with soapy water. ;) They will forever remember the day they got to wash a Challenger, and it will always be in the back of their mind that they will get one of their own one day...

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
175 Posts
Buy a couple of cheap microfibers at advanced auto parts or something, let them use those. The water shouldn't be much of the issue, it's the dirt on the rags they use since that dirt on microfibers or Etc just sticks on. Let them use the micro fibers.

I know the advanced auto parts around me have microfibers 3 for like 4 bucks and it's buy one get one free so 6 for 4 bucks. Buy a few of those and done.

Honestly, they shouldn't do much damage even if their rags, A good wax job afterwards and nothing should be different.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
price for a bottle of MeGuaires scratch remover? $10
memories your little cousin and his friends will have? priceless

·
Premium Member
9,410 Posts
As long as your willing to possibly need a body shop to spray a panel why not. I'd go and just make a donation and not let them touch your car.
If the car gets any significant scratches please don't come here and post about it. The kids can't reach the roof or the center of the hood so when they lean on it and ding it will you be happy then?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
As long as your willing to possibly need a body shop to spray a panel why not. I'd go and just make a donation and not let them touch your car.
If the car gets any significant scratches please don't come here and post about it. The kids can't reach the roof or the center of the hood so when they lean on it and ding it will you be happy then?
I'm with you on this.. take the car there already clean and just leave it parked so everyone can see it. Make a donation but don't let them touch the car. Your heart is in the right place but you wallet will suffer when you have to correct the innocent damage done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Send your friends that drive Camaros. If they scratch or dent those, no one will be able to tell...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK so I went and checked it out and the adults where washing the cars and the kids were just advertising. So I brought 10 microfibers for $12 and a chamois for $10. I told them to use those and dontated them plus $10 for the wash and rim clean. I think I did a good deed.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Great solution!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts