Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a slight pull to the right and did not feel as stable taking off ramps at 80. I rotated the front (staggered) and the issue changed but no better. The insides of the tires were/are wearing uneven from the rest. I took it in to discount tire and one of the wheels was out of balance. Car got better but not the same. I then took it in to have the alignment checked. They came and got me and asked if I hit something? I was like No!! Something in the right side is bent they said but did not have enough time to check it out. They say the front wheel is leaning in too much and too forward.

I decided to try a different dealership and have an appointment for later this week. Not many potholes here in North Dallas so I am not sure how I could have bent something and not know it. This may not be cheap.

The first dealership told me since they couldn't look at it today even though I had an appointment to just get another appointment when ever I am ready and did I want to claim it on my insurance. That was the second reason I went elsewhere to get an appointment.

Surely these cars aren't that fragile in the front end.:cursin:

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Well I don't think they are fragile. I barely owned my car a week and literally ran over a huge chunk of sidewalk that was in the road on the left front, I was sure it had bent something, but all is well. Hope you get it figured out man.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I also live in north Texas. I'm noticed the same thing with my 12 RT. Just figured it needed an alignment........

I'm about to have new wheels on her and get a alignment, the new wheels balanced and the whole 9 yards. Hopefully it Will be fixed with the new wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it has always been like this and never noticed since I rotated my F1's religiously. I have about 14000 on these and never rotated since all I can do is side to side. The pull is not noticeable on flat roads, hard to find here. It isn't as stable but my insides of both front tires are worn. Still needs to be fixed whatever the issue is. Just don't think I did it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
A second opinion never hurts especially since you say you've never hit anything.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading on this forum that some cars need the front cradle adjusted in order to get the alignment right. It was said that they don't all come perfect from the factory. I can tell you that the dealer also asked me if my old Charger had been in an accident because it would always be pulling to the left. That pissed me off because they had found it good enough to sell as a CPO a year earlier and I had never even kissed a curb with it. My Challenger, that I bought new, is starting to pull to the left too after a year of being babied. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the same thing and so I suggest an alignment shop that knows what they're doing to get a second opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts