Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
That pretty much was mine when I was stock. With the lightweight WRT wheels and no other mods I was getting 13.8 with a 5.8 60.

Tires would help the most. If they were sticky enough I would think you would easily get under 5 with that alone.

·
Registered
ARTIE is a 2016 R/T+ with Super Track Pack, 6 speed, Ruby Red Interior
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That pretty much was mine when I was stock. With the lightweight WRT wheels and no other mods I was getting 13.8 with a 5.8 60.

Tires would help the most. If they were sticky enough I would think you would easily get under 5 with that alone.
What did you do since yto improve your times?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What did you do since yto improve your times?
150 shot NX wet kit, barton shifter, plugs, American thunder exhaust, hellcat intake, diablo trinity tuner, and a lot of other little things I cant remember right now.

Without the nitrous and just bolt ons, tune, and about 100lbs of weight reduction I think I was around a 13.3/13.4 on stock tires. With the nitrous and tires I'm in the 11s. With the stock tires it would take a lot of work to get under 5 sec 0-60. These things are heavy. An RT is not really a quarter mile car but half the fun is making it one >:)

The Scat Pack m6 at close to 500hp is not that much under 5 seconds stock.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
150 shot NX wet kit, barton shifter, plugs, American thunder exhaust, hellcat intake, diablo trinity tuner, and a lot of other little things I cant remember right now.

Without the nitrous and just bolt ons, tune, and about 100lbs of weight reduction I think I was around a 13.3/13.4 on stock tires. With the nitrous and tires I'm in the 11s. With the stock tires it would take a lot of work to get under 5 sec 0-60. These things are heavy. An RT is not really a quarter mile car but half the fun is making it one >:)

The Scat Pack m6 at close to 500hp is not that much under 5 seconds stock.
Who told you that?

TA with a 392 and a 6 speed.......bone stock........ 315/35/20 Nitto rear tires on an 11" wheel as the only change.

Consistently and pretty easily repeats runs well under 4.5 seconds. A 4.3 is the best captured but almost without doubt this is NOT the best I've managed. This figure has been repeated easily and was recorded the few times I tried under less than ideal conditions. There have been better runs and when the weather is more co-opperative I intend to find the lower limits, record 'em and post 'em up soon.

For now though.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
868 Posts
On a perfect launch a bone stock 5.7 m6 is capable of a 4.9 0-60

Reactions: Mikamaro

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
11 Posts
Who told you that?

TA with a 392 and a 6 speed.......bone stock........ 315/35/20 Nitto rear tires on an 11" wheel as the only change.

Consistently and pretty easily repeats runs well under 4.5 seconds. A 4.3 is the best captured but almost without doubt this is NOT the best I've managed. This figure has been repeated easily and was recorded the few times I tried under less than ideal conditions. There have been better runs and when the weather is more co-opperative I intend to find the lower limits, record 'em and post 'em up soon.

For now though.

View attachment 999577 View attachment 999578
I have a TA as well and was wondering what tire/rim combinations work best for streetable 0-60?

Also did you notice slight rubbing of the front tires on full turn (steering wheel locked to either side) in parking situations with your car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,555 Posts
Hi guys,
So here is my best 0 to 60mph so far. What needs to be done to go under 5 sec with a manual RT 5.7?
Making a 4K lb car accelerate from a dead stop to 60 mph 0.6 seconds faster will require some significant changes to the power train.

You already have the lowest geared rear-end available, so improved gearing is off the table unfortunately.

That means you’ll need the engine to produce more torque. Camshaft, long tube headers, a 392 intake, etc, would be a good start, although I’m not sure that would be enough.

You would definitely need a custom tune, and if going the email route for that, you’ll need a tuner to load it also. But you have a 2016, so you’ll also need an unlocked PCM just to run the custom tune.

Add all that up, and you have a pretty big bill to pay (~5K-6K dollars?), and you still may not be able to break 5.0 seconds (although you might, IDK for sure, others can probably verify or deny this for you).

My point with all this is that of all the goals we can set for our cars when performance modding, breaking the 5 sec 0-60 mph barrier in an M6 5.7L seems to be one of the more expensive ones to pursue...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Making a 4K lb car accelerate from a dead stop to 60 mph 0.6 seconds faster will require some significant changes to the power train.

You already have the lowest geared rear-end available, so improved gearing is off the table unfortunately.

That means you’ll need the engine to produce more torque. Camshaft, long tube headers, a 392 intake, etc, would be a good start, although I’m not sure that would be enough.

You would definitely need a custom tune, and if going the email route for that, you’ll need a tuner to load it also. But you have a 2016, so you’ll also need an unlocked PCM just to run the custom tune.

Add all that up, and you have a pretty big bill to pay (~5K-6K dollars?), and you still may not be able to break 5.0 seconds (although you might, IDK for sure, others can probably verify or deny this for you).

My point with all this is that of all the goals we can set for our cars when performance modding, breaking the 5 sec 0-60 mph barrier in an M6 5.7L seems to be one of the more expensive ones to pursue...
Again “there is no replacement for displacement”

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
I run 315 nittos in the back but with the SC it is really hard to launch without a smoke show....just the way I like it. :) Even launching second does not help much.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have a TA as well and was wondering what tire/rim combinations work best for streetable 0-60?

Also did you notice slight rubbing of the front tires on full turn (steering wheel locked to either side) in parking situations with your car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I didn't change the fronts......only the back wheels and tires. I'm using an 11" wheel and a 315/35/20 Nitto tire. Not perfect by any means. Even with more of a "foot print" launching the car on the street is a challenge. Little more RPM than idle is where I seem to get my best trade off between giving away the extra power I could have had at the start vs just blowing the tires completely free to the point of what looks impressive but is actually a pretty big failure in the attempt at the fastest 0-60MPH.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
54 Posts
I’d love too see some times at high altitude, here at 5900 feet, my best is 5.7, but my stock 8” rims kill me every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't change the fronts......only the back wheels and tires. I'm using an 11" wheel and a 315/35/20 Nitto tire. Not perfect by any means. Even with more of a "foot print" launching the car on the street is a challenge. Little more RPM than idle is where I seem to get my best trade off between giving away the extra power I could have had at the start vs just blowing the tires completely free to the point of what looks impressive but is actually a pretty big failure in the attempt at the fastest 0-60MPH.
Thanks that’s the kind of info and
experience I’ve been looking for!

I‘be also noticed that launch assist/line lock is pretty pointless on the street above 1200 rpm....Especially with the stock Pirellis. Although I have the automatic so probably a more controlled power transfer compared to easing out the clutch.

Time to shop for rims and tires!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts