Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep, i was lucky, VERY LUCKY, to talk with a good reputable shop & next week having the car & motor hauled there to have the upgrades done for the motor & my 4.5 Liter whipple will ship to my house from Whipple on the 15th of this month.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,820 Posts
There has to be a singular excitement having a 4.5 Liter whipple delivered to your house :D

A Guy

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
pretty sure the op has not put any money down......
Luke
The op is glad that he didn't put anything down when someone tells you they cant get you a bill because they are waiting on Barton to tell them what the cost will be but Barton is waiting on the pistons for your motor and has not determined what the cost will be. Honestly I am glad they didn't create a bill. The motor never went to Barton like I was told and we will just settle up on what they have in pulling the motor. The bottom line its a Win - Win for both parties at this point. I have heard enough stories and I know what I went thru with A2Speed this time. I am great and happy with what was decided.

·
Vendor
12,071 Posts
The op is glad that he didn't put anything down when someone tells you they cant get you a bill because they are waiting on Barton to tell them what the cost will be but Barton is waiting on the pistons for your motor and has not determined what the cost will be. Honestly I am glad they didn't create a bill. The motor never went to Barton like I was told and we will just settle up on what they have in pulling the motor. The bottom line its a Win - Win for both parties at this point. I have heard enough stories and I know what I went thru with A2Speed this time. I am great and happy with what was decided.
glad it worked out......:smile:
Luke

·
Registered
761 Posts
Any update as to how the build is going now. I'm very surprised that things went this terrible with A2Speed. They have a very decent reputation. I haven't used them as of yet, but I've heard a lot of good things from folks who have...... With that said, stories like this are why I've taken it upon myself to build my own engines. No one to blame if/when things go wrong but myself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Any update as to how the build is going now. I'm very surprised that things went this terrible with A2Speed. They have a very decent reputation. I haven't used them as of yet, but I've heard a lot of good things from folks who have...... With that said, stories like this are why I've taken it upon myself to build my own engines. No one to blame if/when things go wrong but myself.
Build is going well. Waiting on the motor and it should be back at HHP next week and ready to install with new sleeves, pistons, and crank. Will report back in another four weeks when everything is back in the car and running. Thanks for asking.:grin2:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
BES was awesome on resleeving the motor and getting it back to HHP so they could get the car back together. We also added better internals and crank to withstand 1000 to 1200 rwhp. I really appreciate the advice you gave and your advice was the way i went on getting the car back together. HHP was great Josh the owner and Bruce who runs the builds are awesome at HHP

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Now just waiting on AJ to tune the car in NY and i am super happy with this years mods to the car, success after all even though its been a rocky road traveled. Definately cant believe people and what they say they can do. Make sure they have experience with doing the build you are seeking before you agree to anything

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Aint that the truth

Now just waiting on AJ to tune the car in NY and i am super happy with this years mods to the car, success after all even though its been a rocky road traveled. Definately cant believe people and what they say they can do. Make sure they have experience with doing the build you are seeking before you agree to anything

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's with the 4.5 pulley probably see what it can do after the summer is over with the 4 inch and 4.25 inch pulleys on the car. Should make 26 lbs of boost on the 4 inch pulley and 23 lbs with the 4.25 inch pulley.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,820 Posts
Too small for my eyes, but am I seeing just under 1000HP? Dayum! Is it streetable?

A Guy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Too small for my eyes, but am I seeing just under 1000HP? Dayum! Is it streetable?

A Guy
My eyes as well. He is so close to his goal! Great job on that. I'm sure the pulley change will get you right where you want to be. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

A Guy

Yes its very streetable that was 994 rwhp with the 4.5 inch pulley on race fuel made about 20 lbs of boost. I run the 4.75 on the street its 17.5 lbs of boost about 890 rwhp on the 4.75 on 93 octane. It actually rides pretty smooth and I am running the big elliptical Whipple throttle body with it, its very impressive. AJ did a awesome job, you just have to figure a way to deal with his busy schedule and be patient, but yea its a heck of a build thanks to HHP for picking up the pieces and actually sending my motor off to BES and having the custom 433 done and installing everything back in the car and also AJ 'Hemituner' who found all my issues that existed on the car before he could dyno the car. He found a lot of things on the car that were not right and needed attention before he could dyno the car. It included one wrong bolts being installed when the rear 9 inch was put on the car and also the bypass valve was sticking on the new 4.5 L blower I had. He told me and showed me everything he is a good guy and he can make Challengers run right.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Here is the link to one of the pulls made and Jim, owner of True Street Performance, did the video for me and they 'True Street Performance' also did a lot of the work I needed done while the car was in NY. They added dual catch cans, changed the valve covers, installed the FC2 controller to my fuel pumps, upgraded injectors to ID1700 from ID1050X and also changed out drive shaft.

https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcvws.icloud-content.com%2FB%2FASvWCLYxu3O3fSj1NO91PumIEyG2AekLZQBWtVTZU4D1Sdr7c9ludi9u%2F%24%7Bf%7D%3Fo%3DAtxdLUSvdP3UPHhxStZmVFoRfdUAL_XeNpxeubR1Mqzn%26v%3D1%26x%3D3%26a%3DCAogwEkzi73t-lfFNX2BHUVen2x_drSHjs0IoyDccrZMOdcSGxCr4t64ri0Yq_LZjLgtIgEAKggByAD_NPgJ_Q%26e%3D1561247250%26k%3D%24%7Buk%7D%26fl%3D%26r%3D06EDD040-7D78-4908-9A90-756C1DE79682-1%26ckc%3Dcom.apple.largeattachment%26ckz%3D61CBE1BB-86DF-4FDD-919B-EF86EC6250B3%26p%3D31%26s%3D-Fg0II26ZHibRv8sodQ3MMiB1SE&uk=ceoAun0V1B40xaQW8ff27w&f=IMG_0663.MOV&sz=142165058

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,820 Posts
Awesome, it looks so innocent >:) You must be pleased, congrats!

A Guy

21 - 40 of 44 Posts