Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has definitely been asked more than once, an I've looked through a handful of threads to receive a few different opinions, but which is the most effective intake to use? Thanks for the help folks :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Effective?

The stock one. It flows just fine and nothing out filters it.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I have a JLT, supposedly it helps make more power, it just looks good under the hood. Save your money, the stock intake is very well engineered. If you do anything to it get a Charger tube so you can rid of the wart

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I just ordered a R2C to replace my LMI Airhammer. The Airhammer is nice, but I believe the R2C will reduce IAT's some due to the heat shield.

The R2C is the only intake to do R&D on static pressure drop. The stock intake measured 12" W.G. while their intake dropped pressure differential to 5.7" W.G. On the 6.4L, pressures dropped from 16" W.G. to 5.7" W.G.

For reference, a drop in filter only reduced pressure by .3" W.G.

I like to see the engineering behind the product and the results to back it up. The car will only breath so much air stock, however the flow is obviously increased with those type of pressure drops.

They claim 10-15 rwhp and I believe that is feasible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts