Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent the last couple hours searching this site and google to exhaustion looking to find the best setup for smaller than 20 in. wheels with the widest possible tires front and rear. The information I've come across is spotty at best, and I am hoping to find the ideal setup for my purposes of street use with highest performance summer tires. I intend to use this this setup on a 2011 Challenger 392 SRT8. Thank you for any advice or if you can direct me to someone who has throughly investigated this topic already.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not sure if they would clear the brembos but I can confirm the Nascar 614 style 18x8.5 do fit a challenger RT. I just got a pair for the rear of mine to run 275/45/18 MH drag radials on. Once I get the tires in and mounted I will post up more pics. I am running these only on the rear, but see no reason they wouldn't fit on the front. I chose these carefully because of the offset and bolt pattern. The specs are: 18x8.5 115MM pattern, 12 MM offset. I needed clearance due to the hopnot kit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info Tony. The 8.5 width wheel and the 275 width tire is still on the small side for what I am looking for however. For a car weighing over 2 tons and with near 500hp/500ft.lbs. of torque from my experience you would want at minimum a 295 width tire on the rear. Preferably a 305,315, or even 325 would seem appropriate in a perfect world where Chrysler/dodge is not putting 245 or 255 width tires on the rear for cost and gas millage reasons.

I am also just as interested in getting as large as possible sizes on the front, seeing as we are talking about a car that has at least 55% of its mass over the front axle.

Do you guys think I should also post this over in the wheel/tire modification section? I'm sure it will get more attention there, but inevitably people will tell me to use the search button to find info that has proven to me near impossible to come by.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I know BOSS makes some 18x10's, not sure if they fit an SRT. It is very hard to find anything in an 18x10 that has the correct (115mm) bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
You could always go down to a 17x10" rim from Bogart or Weld

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I would have to make major mods to my hopnot kit for 17's....I'd rather have 18's in a staggard set up. 18x8's up front and 18x10's out back(with some lip on the wheels, not the riced up high offset BS)...probably have to go with some custom centerlines since nobody wants to get off their butts and give the Challenger some love.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts