Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know "it's not a v8" and it won't ever get that sound I just want a deep rumble at idle and acceleration I know it's possible. I've heard Solos and Zoomers are best. What is THE best. All suggestions welcome. PS could I put cutouts on a system like the solo to get louder?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
CAI will help with sound. Dont bother removing j-pipes on solo kit, will sound horrendous.

Ive recently bought some cutouts but im having problems with clearance. I need to take it to a professional exhaust shop but it did look really dicey.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: jrimbri

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAI will help with sound. Dont bother removing j-pipes on solo kit, will sound horrendous.

Ive recently bought some cutouts but im having problems with clearance. I need to take it to a professional exhaust shop but it did look really dicey.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
So what do you recommend solos?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've heard both on youtube, probably doesn't do it justice but the zooms sounds better than solo imo

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Rumble? Get a Hemi... however I think the Solo exhaust for the V6 makes it sound more aggressive/meaner.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I designed my own set up and I think it sounds better than Solo, which prior I thought was the best. I had the factory X cut out and replaced the 2 mufflers with a Dynomax Ultraflow X and added two Dynomax race bullets where the resonators were. Still a little drone when the car is cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts