Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this time I have a DSS 9 inch rear with independent axles and 3.70 or 3.73 gears but I am interested in hearing from everyone on the best 9 inch rear to purchase if money was not a factor in choosing a 9 inch rear. I'm actually wondering if anyone has a 9 inch available in a 1 piece 9 inch rear for the Challengers without having to go away from my 4 piston Brembos that are on the rear of my car. Let me know your thoughts and I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
STUPID money, not spending $10K just todo burnouts....................

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,697 Posts
Stupid comment, he tracks his car, believe he's shooting to break into the 7s

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
I've also known of folks using the Paramount setup that also uses the Ford 9" setup for IRS

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Doesn't the Drag Pack use a solid axle 9" Ford?

I think he is building his own version of a drag pack, at least that is what I gather from the few posts of his that I have caught.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea like A Guy said its not for doing burnouts but for 1000 plus HP setup at the rear wheels and hope to not have any issues once its in. I have the DSS 9 inch setup in my car now but I was just wondering what information others might have on better rear end setups. The solid axle in the Dodge drag pak does sound pretty interesting for a future setup because thats what I am aiming for doing away with the IRS and being able to run the four piston rear brakes and all if at all possible.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other question is would Dodge even sell someone a Drag Pak rear end without a VIN from another DP Challenger? It seems they want to put a lock on the parts these days so people cant just upgrade their cars, not with upgradable dodge parts anyways.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,309 Posts
Try direct from Strange and Contact them Tell them what your looking for they have been around for years. The Few I had were based off a Ford 9" but better engineered.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
The other question is would Dodge even sell someone a Drag Pak rear end without a VIN from another DP Challenger? It seems they want to put a lock on the parts these days so people cant just upgrade their cars, not with upgradable dodge parts anyways.
Drag Paks don't have VINs and don't think Dodge would sell many parts for it anyway, it's not like they have to service the thing so you're pretty much on your own when you buy one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Yea like A Guy said its not for doing burnouts but for 1000 plus HP setup at the rear wheels and hope to not have any issues once its in. I have the DSS 9 inch setup in my car now but I was just wondering what information others might have on better rear end setups. The solid axle in the Dodge drag pak does sound pretty interesting for a future setup because thats what I am aiming for doing away with the IRS and being able to run the four piston rear brakes and all if at all possible.
ITS a known FACT these cars from day one have wheel hop. So it was not a STUPID comment. OWNED three cars with wheel hop so bad I stopped drag racing with independent rear cars as the upgrade to do burn outs was stupid.

I have been looking to do a straght axle swap myself, cost still crazy money.

My HD Chevy still $6K-$10 easy, 80 Bronco $5k -$10K

Sick of being bullied when been doing this for 40+ plus years on shoe string budget..................

The guy who hates Indepenet front ends or rear ends with power. My BMW is just fine...........................LOL

Reactions: cbruer

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
604 Posts
A couple options to feed your brain...

Take at look at the "Big Stick" rear end from Acme in NC that Wesley Motorsports helped develop on their Pike's Peak Mopar. It's an entirely new rear cradle and suspension system. Quite pricey and it's been listed as Pre-Order since last summer.

Dynatrac, a very credible rear axle builder in the off-road world, offered the Pro 60 IRS based off the Dana 60, but unfortunately it's no longer listed on their website (might be worth a call if it piques your interest). Gears started at 3.55 and you had a plethora of LSD options in a very reliable package.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
A couple options to feed your brain...

Dynatrac, a very credible rear axle builder in the off-road world, offered the Pro 60 IRS based off the Dana 60, but unfortunately it's no longer listed on their website (might be worth a call if it piques your interest). Gears started at 3.55 and you had a plethora of LSD options in a very reliable package.
The one I want for my truck Front diff, no longer out there DUE to stupid price and lack of buyers...............

Gonna hand make a Dana 60 SAS for my 14 and be done, still a $5k bill

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm late to this thread, but since you said Money wouldn't be an option. As mentioned above, the Dynatrack 60 IRS would be the best way to go. The Dana 60 is by far the strongest and best diff built to date. The lowest gear set available is a 3.55, but it's worth the money if you can find one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts