Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going forward we will build and do very few 426.....

a good customer damaged a 426 custom engine from a major builder, we substituted 6.2 Hellcat short block less than 4k, and made the same power and actually ran faster at the drag strip.....

when you consider the cost of building a short or long block, the Kitty cat short block is the absolute way to go, add a set of ported and polish big gas head with a custom grind cam and you have a monster on your hands

better block, additional webbing for strength and upgrade cooling passages

in our test vehicle, Kb with long tubes, 2013 SRT Challenger manual transmission, made 1030 whps on the 426 and 1013 with the 6.2L short block, both made well over 1300 with an additional short of nitrous, car actually ran a few 10ths faster at the track.....

with the cost of the HC short block being inexpensive its the way to go, you can easily spend 5 to 8k for a short block and 11 to 14k for a long block......

Short Block | Genuine Mopar | 68262362AA : Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

and remember to always use promo code CHA1

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I 100% agree with this. I never understood the love affair with the 426 when you factor in the cost. The Hellcat short block is a awesome value and is perfect for a 6.4L owner wanting to go F.I.

Why fool around with drop in pistons when you can just upgrade the entire bottom end and KNOW that it will handle 10+ psi with zero problems.

Extra displacement is nice, but it is only a small factor in the actual power output of a engine. I think most people just want to be able to say they have a 426.

Who cares about the C.I......if it makes power.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the amount of abuse I deliver to Bigred, sooner or later we will have an issue, and my expensive 425cid will be replaced with a Kitty Kat short block
Luke

ps simply nothing else makes sense

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and if your going to build the ultimate then start with a bare block, we have 7 in stock
Luke

·
Registered
70 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hellcat short block are discontinued.....
Luke

ps, building a 5.7, best to go to 6.4 configuration with Apache heads or BGE heads

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
that sucks
let me guess FCA isn't making enough money on them?

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do not know
Luke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts