Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Last night my battery was completely dead in my 2015 Challenger. 2nd time this has happened, coincidentally after using the "cool down" feature on the Tazer. Yes I am sure I turned it off, then I started the car and pulled it into the garage. What is the best battery for these cars. After the week I have been having with cars I am ready to sell all 4 of them and just walk or take the bus.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I hear you but in my case a 50 mile walk to work isn't a option for me.

A lot of guys have been buying AGM batteries from Sam's.

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I was looking at a yellow top Optima at Advance, I was wondering if they were any good. But I'll check out the "Duracell" at Sam's now, Thanks

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

yeah I'm at about 12 miles, but screw it, if I can cut my bills I'll just work at the gas station next door. A lot less stress and aggravation. :D

·
Premium Member
445 Posts

I was looking at a yellow top Optima at Advance, I was wondering if they were any good. But I'll check out the "Duracell" at Sam's now, Thanks
The old Optima batteries were good back in the day but sold out to another company and quality has gone to crap I hear.

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I here that, I'm working hard to get rid of my stress and frustration. I'm on the count down to retirement within 1 to 2 yrs. I hope!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Is this only happening using cool down? Why use that function?

(IIRC it should have a voltage cutoff, regardless)

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this only happening using cool down? Why use that function?

(IIRC it should have a voltage cutoff, regardless)
Because after a long drive on the way back from the winery with my wife, I like to sit in my garage and smoke a cigar while my car cools off in the driveway.

And it does it after I shut the fan off, moved the car into the garage (under it's own power) and shut the car off. The next day, bam, dead battery.

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once i replace the battery tonight or tomorrow, when ever I get around to it, heck maybe next spring, I will just stick a box fan in front of it while it cools off.

I sure hope I did not lose the navigation I just activated on the radio!

·
Super Moderator
14,917 Posts
I replaced my battery with a Bosch Platinum. The list price was $219.99 but I got 25% off at Pep Boys (ordered from its web site), plus there was a $10 rebate from Bosch- net cost= $155. A pretty good deal for a premium battery.

The battery uses absorbed glass mat technology and is supposed to last 2X longer than a conventional battery. It has 800 CCA and 960 CA Reserve- better than the Mopar battery. It also comes with a free replacement warranty for the first 48 months.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I sure hope I did not lose the navigation I just activated on the radio!
You are safe there.

Really, any battery can fail at any time. I once bought a battery with a 6 year warranty that was toast in the first year.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
840 Posts
Tough to go wrong with an Interstate...

I have one on my '71 Chevelle 454 that may sit for a few weeks and it fires right up...

PS...The battery on my 2015 is still working just fine...

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GOT A Duracell at Sam's. Thanks guys... I hope to NEVER have this issue again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts