Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

First off I just registered today and this site totally rocks.

I have tried to go through all the old posts to get an answer but there are alot of answers....

I have a bone stock 2009 Challenger SE. Im on a limited budget for upgrades so I really need some help!

The first thing I want is a better sounding exhaust.

Any ideas on a cheap relatively easy install for a performance muffler? I was thinking a bolt on flowmaster or something.... With all the educated SE owner's can anyone point me in the right direction. Not looking to spend more than $150.

I would really really appreciate any help for the noob :)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I'm sure there are people on this forum that can offer better advice than me regarding this, but I think you're asking for two different things - a bolt on exhaust OR a cheaper muffler-only alternative. From what I recall, the stock Challenger exhaust bolts on to the cats, then is one long (welded) piece all the way to the tailpipe. At least, I think that was the case for my 2010 SE

I was in the same boat as you, I ended up taking my car to an exhaust shop and paying them $30 to cut out the resonator and replace it with a pipe that they welded in. At the same time, I had them install a $15 universal stainless tailpipe tip. Looked okay, sounded a bit better but droned a little at certain RPM's. I ended up changing to the Magnaflow cat-back system, but the resonator delete was a quick and cheap way to change the sound. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the best in my opinion is the factory stock R/T 6-speed exhaust. the price varies from free to $200.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
check out the SE exhaust video thread in the SE section. should give you ideas and then you can PM members for price etc

·
Registered
536 Posts
As SS Dodge said, I would go with an R/T exhaust that someone is selling on this site. I picked mine up for $100, and the install wasn't too much to get it done at a muffler shop. I ended up going with the R/T exhaust and throwing some glass packs. The sound is really good, and everything came out below $400.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just installed a pypes dual exhaust with Street Pro mufflers. Comes with all the hangers, isolators and hardware including a nice set of chrome tips. Total cost was $500 including shipping. Very easy install (did it in my garage) and sounds pretty good with limited drone. I'm pretty impressed with it. Posted a sound clip about a week ago if your interested.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
do a search for vikingdodge or Hesser's GHOST designed exhaust - we get the whole system done for around 250.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts