Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this already, but I did a search and didn't really see any threads discussing this particular brand over that.

I want to put a CAI on my 5.7. I initially I was going to with a K&N Blackhawk intake. I've always liked K&N brand, and I had a K&N intake on my old Accord V6 that, believe it or not, I could definitely feel performance improvement with. However, I've been doing some research and a lot of people are saying that the K&N systems don't fit our Challengers very well.
That being the case, I was thinking maybe the Mopar CAI instead? I want the best bang for my buck. Does anyone have any input? Thanks.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
When I’m ready to pull the trigger I’m going with Ingen technology. I’d love to have the Mopar one but it’s ridiculously overpriced at 450 for the V-6. Look into it, they make excellent stuff in the USA.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Is your car a 15+? Many including me have done the hellcat lower airbox, headlight tube that feeds directly to it, and an AEM dry high flow filter. I sold my previous legmaker setup to go this route. Temps stay cool because theres no open cone, and it was about half the price of the cheapest intake system you can find.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nope, see my Sig. 2014. Worth a look though if you’re just putting your feelers out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Nope, see my Sig. 2014. Worth a look though if you’re just putting your feelers out.
When doing my research, the legmaker had the best dyno data and support from many guys and faired the “best” option. All that CF looks bitchin too

The AFE system also has a nice enclosed box design

·
Premium Member
11,571 Posts
We have had great luck with Bwoody, they even come in a bunch of different colors! Functions well and looks great in the engine bay. The Hellcat lower airbox as mentioned above is a great option too!

- Alexis

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a ‘16. I didn’t realize how expensive the Mopar was when I posted the original post. Def not going that route. I’ll check out the Hellcat option too, that sounds like a good option. Thanks for the info everyone!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is your car a 15+? Many including me have done the hellcat lower airbox, headlight tube that feeds directly to it, and an AEM dry high flow filter. I sold my previous legmaker setup to go this route. Temps stay cool because theres no open cone, and it was about half the price of the cheapest intake system you can find.
Where is the best place to find the Hellcat lower airbox?

·
Registered
307 Posts
We have had great luck with Bwoody, they even come in a bunch of different colors! Functions well and looks great in the engine bay. The Hellcat lower airbox as mentioned above is a great option too!

- Alexis
I didn't see one for the 3.6. Can you post a link? Thanks.

·
Vendor
12,919 Posts
without illuminated center

with illuminated center

&

promo code CHA1

·
Registered
307 Posts
Legmaker for the win. Tried and true actual performance gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see one for the 3.6 on their website. Only for the 3.5. Am I missing something? Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Apologies, I thought we were talking about 5.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No man, you were right I was wrong. OP does have a 5.7. Too bad they don’t offer one for the 3.6 though. They do look nice with the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
without illuminated center

with illuminated center

&

promo code CHA1
Sorry for a stupid question but what’s the illuminated cover difference? Does it light up or something?

·
Vendor
255 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this already, but I did a search and didn't really see any threads discussing this particular brand over that.

I want to put a CAI on my 5.7. I initially I was going to with a K&N Blackhawk intake. I've always liked K&N brand, and I had a K&N intake on my old Accord V6 that, believe it or not, I could definitely feel performance improvement with. However, I've been doing some research and a lot of people are saying that the K&N systems don't fit our Challengers very well.
That being the case, I was thinking maybe the Mopar CAI instead? I want the best bang for my buck. Does anyone have any input? Thanks.

My two favorites: JLT & Airaid

1 - 20 of 56 Posts