Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh boy do I want this sound!

http://youtu.be/ENsxmuqIWyg

he is running a stage 2 HPP cam, it sounds amazing and I want that low idle crackle..... buttttt I am weary I should purchase this product. Any one have any comments or can recommend a cam that sounds similar.. ext..

Thank you :)
sorry it wont led me embed

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Need a little more info about your car...
If it's VVT it won't stay Lopey sounding

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Need a little more info about your car...
If it's VVT it won't stay Lopey sounding
Okay brotha here are my mods: I deleted the muffler and resonators but kept the cats in. And I am running a 93 octane diablo tune. then other little gizmos like lowering springs and K&N CAI. nothing too special.... From this information would I need a lot more equipment besides VVT so get the sound? oh and its a 5 speed

and thanks for the website information...

I am still trying to learn all about this!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You cannot get that lopy sound from any cam, Will a VVT cam still sound nice yes but if you are looking for that old school sound that is not going to happen
ah 10-4 sir, but how did that individual on the you tube video create such great lopy sound then?
Austin,

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Okay brotha here are my mods: I deleted the muffler and resonators but kept the cats in. And I am running a 93 octane diablo tune. then other little gizmos like lowering springs and K&N CAI. nothing too special.... From this information would I need a lot more equipment besides VVT so get the sound? oh and its a 5 speed

and thanks for the website information...

I am still trying to learn all about this!!
I was actually talking about your year engine size and 6m or a5? That's the main Info you'll need to give a shop selling/installing/tuning your vehicle for a cam.

If your cars 2011+ you won't get that lopey sound your thinking of. Usually it'll stay lopey for the Initial startup of the car then the computer tames it out.

Here's a vid of my car with cam and headers. It tames out after a min or so and sounds close to stock. But still nice
http://youtu.be/VfO2tnGfJHM

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
That does not sound that lopy to me but the exhaust does add to the effect. Beside kind of hard to tell the drivabilty and how that car performs. I have seen plenty of guys trying to get real lope sound, but the cars all had tune issue and stalled all the time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was actually talking about your year engine size and 6m or a5? That's the main Info you'll need to give a shop selling/installing/tuning your vehicle for a cam.

If your cars 2011+ you won't get that lopey sound your thinking of. Usually it'll stay lopey for the Initial startup of the car then the computer tames it out.

Here's a vid of my car with cam and headers. It tames out after a min or so and sounds close to stock. But still nice
Comp cammed 392 idle & rev - YouTube
Sounds amazing to me bro!!! And it's a 5 speed automatic

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No bro, mine is a 5 speed haha, and so can I basically get this guys set up? I mean why not??

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here is a great cam for the 5.7L VVT Hemi

5.7 HEMI VVT NA Performance Cam
I am running this cam along with some other supporting mods. It is a good choice as it still has all the great road manners and yet makes very good power. Johan did the tune via e-mail which is nice. I may have it dyno'd but so far it has laid shame on a 2011 vett and a 2012 ss camaro. A good friend of mine just bought a 2013 srt8 and I drove it thinking I would want to trade up..... it was nice but I really feel that my r/t with the cam and mods puts me right up their with the srt8's overall power. The only place the srt8 feels better is @2000 rpm but I think I own it above 4k.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am running this cam along with some other supporting mods. It is a good choice as it still has all the great road manners and yet makes very good power. Johan did the tune via e-mail which is nice. I may have it dyno'd but so far it has laid shame on a 2011 vett and a 2012 ss camaro. A good friend of mine just bought a 2013 srt8 and I drove it thinking I would want to trade up..... it was nice but I really feel that my r/t with the cam and mods puts me right up their with the srt8's overall power. The only place the srt8 feels better is @2000 rpm but I think I own it above 4k.
Awesome bro :) but how does it sound?!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
still trying to find that lopey sound, a lot of challengers have it on yourtube .. HHP stage 2?

·
Registered
415 Posts
What is your opinion on doing this without the heads. I pretty much have your exhaust and have your intake. Do you think my results would be similar with just doing the cam and TB?

·
Registered
274 Posts
What would be the cost of installing a cam on the 5.7. I have a 2013 R/T 6spd with STP. I'm interested in going this route. Any recomendations on affordable cams and what other parts needed?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is your opinion on doing this without the heads. I pretty much have your exhaust and have your intake. Do you think my results would be similar with just doing the cam and TB?
I am buying some long tube headers before I purchase my camshaft, I believe its a better order and you will see great gains. But if you go camshaft first no biggie, you will still see significant performance!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What would be the cost of installing a cam on the 5.7. I have a 2013 R/T 6spd with STP. I'm interested in going this route. Any recomendations on affordable cams and what other parts needed?
just depends, you will most likely be going for around 1500 with everything.. (camshaft, new springs, and comp cam limiter) and then the custom tune on top of it.... its a pretty pricey investment but I think well worth it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You cannot get that lopy sound from any cam, Will a VVT cam still sound nice yes but if you are looking for that old school sound that is not going to happen
So for warranty purposes, will my dealer be able to tell If I cam the car, even if I reload the stock tune when it goes in?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts