Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of years ago a professional hot rod builder turned me on to these and they are best I have ever used. The polish is fantastic and the wax is out of this world!

Ultra Car Care Products,easy to apply

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....wow. I thought they were out of business. They've been around for many years and I even used some of their products in the past. If I'm not mistaken there used to be a relationship and some sort of falling out with another company called the Wax Shop (which CC sprung from.....or vice versa). Anyhow, I always thought their Super Finish was an "ok" product at the time but it wouldn't hold a candle to some other products I have used since. In fact, I still had an old bottle of the stuff in my detailing cabinets I threw in the bin a couple of months ago while cleaning.

One thing I have learned is that the term "best" is purely subjective when it comes to how folks view detailing products, tools and techniques.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've never used anything but this that one can apply in the sun on a hot day, wipe off and leave a great shine without streaking.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Well I've never used anything but this that one can apply in the sun on a hot day, wipe off and leave a great shine without streaking.
I guess I just never placed a high value on how workable a product is on a hot surface on a hot day since I prefer to work indoors/in the shade (although UCC doesn’t have the market cornered in this respect). What I do value are traits like longevity and resilience which I found the product lacked. The plus side was that it was relatively quick and easy to apply vs. other products I was using “at the time”. However, there are a lot of waxes/sealants available on the market these days that have similar and/or superior characteristics IMO/IME. There is simply nothing that stands out about UCC from my experience. …..although that’s not to say it isn’t the right solution for others.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....never tried it myself but there are quite a few great products out there that will last 6+ months and even some that have proven to last for a year or more. The fact is that no two scenarios are alike. ....environment, where the car is stored, weather, where the car is driven, products you use to maintain the car, wash techniques, etc. all play a role in how long an LSP (last step product; wax/sealant) will last.

Personally, my take on the whole thing is that even if it turns out that it doesn't last that long, at least you're using something to help maintain the finish. If it's cheap enough, why not buy a bottle and give it a go? Maybe apply it to one panel and your favorite LSP to the rest of the car to see how it compares?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Try pink wax. Good stuff ESP if u have paint transfer from some jag off who rubs up against the car and leaves a mark with his door jam. Normally punishable by death ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts