Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recomendations on what car covers are the best for the 2010 Dodge Challengers?? I have a line on a (82211328ab) Mopar Performance Vehicle Cover, Full. Does anyone have any expirence with this cover. My Challenger is stored indoor's all the time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also keep my car garaged and have the Covercraft Evolution and could not be happier. Not only does the cover protect from dust and dirt but it is thick enough that it will protect the Challenger from a minor bump from a backpack, purse, etc. If the cover is not on I feel my car is exposed and not protected. Not the cheapest cover, but like Cuda said, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a NOAH Cover from High End Motorsports and the quality is absolutely superb. It’s custom cut and tailored for the Dodge Challenger and after a couple months of outdoor use I cannot find fault with it. I ended up purchasing it from Amazon and saved on the shipping charge. You should check them out.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I use the Dustop from California Car Cover and love it. It's recommended for indoor use only though but is the best I've found for keeping dust off the car while being breathable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got off light on expense. I bought the "Covercraft Ready-Fit Block-It 380" for $129.99 at AutoAnything. I'm surprised at the quality of this product. I park my car outdoors and this cover has protected it very well for the past 6 months since I bought it. It seems very durable and I'm sure it will last me for years.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I use the Dustop from California Car Cover and love it. It's recommended for indoor use only though but is the best I've found for keeping dust off the car while being breathable.
I second that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
ive used the covercraft weathergaurd covers before and like them. They keep the dust and rain off. I dont like the the soft fuzzy covers cause im afraid they will pick up dirt and scratch the paint

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the noah from california car cover. my srt8 is garaged and any residual snow or moisture, not to mention dust, is 100% out. only downside is it is a little bulky and you need to use and industrial washer to clean it.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I have been using the mopar cover supplied by my dealer at the time I bought my car. I have been using it for two years now. Car is stored outside during winter since I do not have a garage. I have not had a single issue with moisture under the cover. I do however make sure that I do a good wax coat on the car before storage!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have a couple concerns regarding car covers for those who use them regularly.

1. You take your car out for a drive, then bring it home and put it in the garage and throw the cover on it? I've always been afraid that any dust or dirt that has collected on the paint is going to be rubbed against the car when the cover is installed or removed. Having dirt or dust on the paint isn't going to hurt the paint, but putting a cover over a dirty car certainly might. I only cover my vehicles after I've washed them, or at least wiped them down.

2. Does anyone know anyone who makes purple covers? Or anyone that makes custom covers that would/could make a purple one?

·
Registered
94 Posts
the dealer threw a mopar car cover in my trunk when i was leaving. very impressed high quality and fits like a glove

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I have a couple concerns regarding car covers for those who use them regularly.

You take your car out for a drive, then bring it home and put it in the garage and throw the cover on it? I've always been afraid that any dust or dirt that has collected on the paint is going to be rubbed against the car when the cover is installed or removed. Having dirt or dust on the paint isn't going to hurt the paint, but putting a cover over a dirty car certainly might. I only cover my vehicles after I've washed them, or at least wiped them down.

That the problem with car covers. To avoid possible micro scratches, you have to clean the car's surface before you put the cover back on. If my car is only dusty (i.e., not dirty), I use Meguiars' detail spray with microfiber towels. takes only 15 minutes. Works great!

·
Registered
165 Posts
That the problem with car covers. To avoid possible micro scratches, you have to clean the car's surface before you put the cover back on. If my car is only dusty (i.e., not dirty), I use Meguiars' detail spray with microfiber towels. takes only 15 minutes. Works great!
Excellent points by Spud and Cuda. I pay special attention to clean around the wheels because the darn brake dust gets everywhere. Get brake dust on the inside of your cover and you'll get tiny scratches in the paint when you put the cover on and take it off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts