Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Granite Grey
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first off thanks for all the input it is extremely helpful. I am looking to add a cold air intake for my scat pack to cool er down a bit. I generally just went with KN cold air intakes for my vehicles but it seems they dont have one yet for my year (but says they have one for a 21 SP?)... odd. Id like to know of any brands that people are specifically using and what there experience was installing, performance changes if any, and if any audible changes with the exhaust note. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
Special order. 6 speed manual
2,296 Posts
Cool it down from what? Pull your ambient air temp up on the dash and go drive down the highway.

You are going to be 7, +/- 4 degrees above ambient. Do you really think you are going to improve on that?

Your car already has a cold air intake but if you really need to change it, there are plenty of companies that are willing to take your money and rip you off.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
139 Posts
The only real "cold air" intake for our cars is the legmaker, which moves the filter down into the brake cooling duct, however be ready for the biggest pain in the ass install of any CAI and they run about $500

Look here

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,205 Posts
The only real "cold air" intake for our cars is the legmaker, which moves the filter down into the brake cooling duct, however be ready for the biggest pain in the ass install of any CAI and they run about $500

Look here
Under way my 2020 Scat Pack IAT runs about 4F above ambient.

Hard pressed to believe there is any real gain to be had. An intake located lower down would result in a higher IAT as in warm weather the air at pavement level is hot from the pavement. I'd also be worried about driving through any standing water with an intake located located down low.

·
Registered
899 Posts
FYI the 20-21 model year will fit just fine but like others have said it won't likely make any additional power. I'll probably just add a K&N drop in filter for improved sound and maybe do the hellcat lower air box mod at some point.

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Granite Grey
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks this input is all really helpful. Ive done cold air intakes on most my cars and generally noticed a deeper rumble with better throttle response. They are kinda exspensive but i see some value at 400 bucks. Just me i guess. I did do a mid muffler delete with dynomax race bullets and love the sound currently and dont want to mess with that, a little why im hesistant.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
4,036 Posts
FYI the 20-21 model year will fit just fine but like others have said it won't likely make any additional power. I'll probably just add a K&N drop in filter for improved sound and maybe do the hellcat lower air box mod at some point.
Just go with a AEM High Flow Dry Filter ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts