Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Best comments

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  F8HemiRT 
#1 ·
Hey all

I've had my car all of two weeks and already am getting a kick out of the comments and attention it gets. Figured I'd start a thread and see what kind of comments the rest of you are getting. My two favorite so far:

Two guys at work looking under the hood of guy one's clapped out subbie. Walk up and start chatting - they look at my car - guy two says to guy one "hey I think his rotors are bigger than your wheels!" It was good natured but guy one still got down towards ground level and eyed both cars just to make sure it wasn't accurate. Got a good laugh there.

Second one that I know is common - wife's friend is over visiting, says" it's a charger right?" " well not quite, it's a challenger.... " "well still a dodge so same thing" "well my dart is a dodge too, is it also basically the same thing?" "well no but blah blah blah". I've heard some people get pretty riled up when non-car people mix up the two, doesn't bother me, free entertainment since I am quarantined in the house with everything closed.

Anyways, that's all I got so far. Nobody has tried to race me yet so that's disappointing. Isn't that the whole point of this car? Sheesh. (yes I'm being facetious).

Anyone else got any good stories?

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah dude, it’s crazy. When I had my rallye redline, I really didn’t get too many comments / attention. But ever since I got the pcp scatpack, I’ve had so many people come up and ask me about the car. It certainly turns heads. Also tons of people in mustangs, corvettes, Chargers, challengers, pull up and want to race too. I guess I haven’t had any funny comments per se, but funniest thing I’ve witnessed was someone in a minivan weaving in and out of traffic to catch up and give me a thumbs up lol. It’s a good feeling when your car just puts a smile on someone’s face, even those who you wouldn’t expect to be into cars.

#3 ·
but funniest thing I’ve witnessed was someone in a minivan weaving in and out of traffic to catch up and give me a thumbs up lol.
If you were in Dallas and it was a maroon Caravan then that was probably me lol. I've done that countless times. Got rid of the Caravan though and now do it mostly in my Crew Cab Ram. Chased down a Widebody F8 Green Hellcat with Black Stripes a few months ago to give him the thumbs up. Ended up getting stopped at a light next to him and talking till the light turned green. It'll be nice to be on the other end of that again hopefully soon. I used to get that in my old 02 Ram all the time and it was an awesome feeling.

#4 ·
Guy in my apartment building knocked on my door and asked if I could give his car a jump. So I go down and pull my car over and lift the hood. He goes "Whoa, I've never seen anything like that before". I replied "nobody has", lol

I've had a few people tell me my car is the shiniest black car they have ever seen :cool:

A Guy

#5 ·
My brother: there all the same to me.
Me: what the hell are u talking about?
My Brother: there all the same!
Me: (looking like I could Choke him out as I talk through my teeth) WHAT do u mean!
My brother: ( a little fear but still going to tell me) the Camaro, mustang & Challenger all look the same...
Me: (stomping on the brakes preparing to throw him out in a field) YOUR OUT OF YOUR RABBIT @$$ MIND! ( continuing to shout about the massive differences between them) lol.

The next day:
My text to him: (see picture) Really?!?
My brother: yeah I see it. My bad lol (stoner)
Me:[emoji2357] smh. Lmao

I stopped in to a store in a small town near me & left my car running. It was warm & I just needed something to drink. The the cute little lady behind the counter said "umm... u left the light on in your mustang...
[emoji35] (again talking through my teeth) it's not a mustang it's a challenger. Big difference lol
Little not so cute lady: what ever.

Damn kids lmao.

Guy comes up beside me at a light in a Dakota & his wife said " my husband & I love your car. I say, well thank you. We talk back & forth till the light turns. So he said " I bet it will hit a good lick. I replied "o yes it will indeed giggling a little just to stop it & leave like a shot in the dark to go under the bridge ( love the sound of theas cars under a bridge or parking garage). The gentleman & lady pull back up to me. He said "son u made my heart pitter patter & my Peter grow, u should hear that thing from behind. It beats the pants of any mustang". His wife was ready to die & I lost it lmao. I can honestly say I've never done that to a grown man b4... lmao. If your reading that with a country twang then yes. Lol. I was in West Virginia. Lol. Good people.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
My brother: there all the same to me.
Me: what the hell are u talking about?
My Brother: there all the same!
Me: (looking like I could Choke him out as I talk through my teeth) WHAT do u mean!
My brother: ( a little fear but still going to tell me) the Camaro, mustang & Challenger all look the same...
Me: (stomping on the brakes preparing to throw him out in a field) YOUR OUT OF YOUR RABBIT @$$ MIND! ( continuing to shout about the massive differences between them) lol.

The next day:
My text to him: (see picture) Really?!?
My brother: yeah I see it. My bad lol (stoner)
Me:[emoji2357] smh. Lmao

I stopped in to a store in a small town near me & left my car running. It was warm & I just needed something to drink. The the cute little lady behind the counter said "umm... u left the light on in your mustang...
[emoji35] (again talking through my teeth) it's not a mustang it's a challenger. Big difference lol
Little not so cute lady: what ever.

Damn kids lmao.

Guy comes up beside me at a light in a Dakota & his wife said " my husband & I love your car. I say, well thank you. We talk back & forth till the light turns. So he said " I bet it will hit a good lick. I replied "o yes it will indeed giggling a little just to stop it & leave like a shot in the dark to go under the bridge ( love the sound of theas cars under a bridge or parking garage). The gentleman & lady pull back up to me. He said "son u made my heart pitter patter & my Peter grow, u should hear that thing from behind. It beats the pants of any mustang". His wife was ready to die & I lost it lmao. I can honestly say I've never done that to a grown man b4... lmao. If your reading that with a country twang then yes. Lol. I was in West Virginia. Lol. Good people.

Sounds like the stories I would hear from millennials about video games. Grandma classifies every video game as a Nintendo.

#11 ·
"umm excuse me, it's actually a DeLorean."

I was hinting to my dad that I bought a car, didn't actually tell him. Told him my dart was making funny noises, send him an audio only clip of a cold start. "that ain't no four banger. What did you get" sends stock photo of a DeLorean "very funny, you hate gm."

Had no idea they were associated with gm... Guess I'm a millennial too after all...

#8 ·
at the gas station, I always get; 'What you got under the hood?"
I always like that 'pop' from the exhaust when you start it up at the gas station. Lots of smiles around.
Now my gas station is different. It is a old 'Pure' brand establishment. No ethanol, so the gasoline is a little more expensive than the kroger across the street or the Sheetz down the road a little.
The little extra on the price weeds out the rift-raft, sheeple that don't know the difference between a mustang or camero.
The clientele is more of an informed enthusiast type that know the difference, in cars, motorcyclist, boaters with their boats and trucks, and people that have restored vehicles. Businesses.
Older gentleman outside at the front door talking the mornings away, in the shade. They can still fix a tire for you there.
its cool.
parrott

#12 · (Edited)
A UPS delivery guy saw my car in the driveway while I was cleaning it and say's " nice car....Charger?" then looked closer at the grill . " Oh...I mean... Challenger...". I just smiled and thanked him. I get that a lot .Kinda makes me laugh now. My neighbor had a black Charger R/T and knew exactly what it was when he saw it . Also had a guy I know see it and said ..." nice Mustang". He has a Toyota and an old Saturn that he thinks is a collectors item so I kind of expected that one. I do get a lot of compliments and an occasional wave from other passing Challenger drivers.

#13 · (Edited)
A young guy walks up at the gas station. Noting the 6.4 badges..... that 6.4 is bigger than the 6.2 Hellcat, is it faster? I smile and say no and we get to talking. He has a 2014 R/T, I explained his was the last year he could buy just a tuner and all he can do with one. Then onto exhausts and CAI's. He walked away smiling saying I was gonna cost him plenty of $$$....

Reactions: moparnoother
#14 ·
My step dad took mom's jeep to the dealer to get an oil change (at least 45 minutes one way - drives me absolutely f*** bonkers the things they pay other people to do that would take ten minutes in their driveway and a fifth the price after fuel - I digress.....) anyway he says he saw a challenger with a "picture of a cat" but it was a lower trim package than mine (scat pack shaker). I was like "yea that would have been a hellcat" and proceeded to try and explain the difference...

#15 ·
Where ever I go people look...she is definitely a head turner....
Especially kids...they love it.....

Yesterday I was swimming and had a friend move the car closer to where we were... as he pulled into road and came up to our spot....
I was astonished at how fkn awesome it looks going down the road....haha wow almost forgot for a moment that it was mine!!

#24 ·
It was from when Lamborghini used to build MOPAR...

A Guy

Reactions: vpzyck
#26 ·
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I love mopar. U never know what off the wall thing there going to do. Let put the v10 out of the viper on a motorcycle, a jet motor in a car, 800+ hp in a production car, a factory drag car in the 60's complete with acid dipped bumpers, half a dash, lexan windows, a thinner front window, race seats & everything else there in a drag car. The lost does on & on. Ite a company made for hooligan & the guys that will git in s fist fight but buy u a beer after. Lol.

#29 ·
I get the Charger thing every now and then but, it only irks me when it's my wife saying it. I had a 35 year old woman walk by my SP last month and say "nice Super Bee". I asked he tdd about her knowledge and she said she spent time with her father around muscle cars. Had a couple of car guys use the Super Bee moniker. I'm OK with that. I remember the first Super Bee I saw as a kid. Neighbor brought home a spanking new Bee. I recall caressing the emblem, with his approval.

#30 ·
The same thing as above, I almost forgot it was mine as it drove up.
There was a charity car wash where I work. So this beautiful younger blonde I have known for a few years asked me if she could wash my car for charity. She would go get it and take it back. I said no for most of the day but then decided why not after she asked me the 5th time (I do not let anyone drive my cars, especially my Challenger).
I said leave the key in your pocket which she didn't have any pockets.... so she stuffs they key in her top but it didn't fit, it's a big key she says so she stuffed it in her shorts...
I explain to her just hit the brake and the start button on the right. She proceeds to go get the car from the street. She pulls up and she says wow that's a really nice car, where I replied thank you.
So they wash it as I watch carefully. She then says I can drive it back, I said be very careful not to curb it. As she gets in the car she gives me a wink and says do you want to hear it, I said sure hit the gas a bit. As she gets to the corner she decides to mash it. Thank god the traction control was on.
Every time I look at it and drive it I am amazed, I thought I could not be happier but then I purchased a Pedal Commander... It's a whole new car again which will probably help to keep me from buying a scat pack or hellcat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.