Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys/gals have gotten in the way of compliments on your Challenger?

I've had my 2017 R/T for a few months now and so far its women saying how awesome it looks and how fun it would be to drive, and guys saying how cool it looks and how good it sounds. Some guy at the grocery store was walking around it and checking the front badging while I was in it and gave me a double "Hang loose" while sticking his tongue out, LOL!

Trying to stay humble and not let the compliments stroke my ego, haha.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Guy at Lowes asked if my car is as fun to drive as it looks?! And any drive thru I go in, the tellers always say something like...nice car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was taking pictures in the driveway before work on the first day I had the car - paused to let a high school kid pass by - he tells me "I don't blame you for taking pictures that's a sick car!"

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Back in the Fall of 2008 - I took delivery of my '09 once it arrived (I ordered in Summer '08)

I had one of a probably a handful in my area, so these were like "rock stars" in those early days.

I had people follow me into gas stations, folks stop to ask permission to take pictures.

The best was seeing a car behind me on the highway and if there were younger kids you'd see them pointing and asking their parents to speed up to get closer to the Challenger to see more of it...

Another one was driving at night and with those wall-to-wall brake lights (I had the WE sequentials, so the whole tail lighted up) you'd see the occupants talking and pointing since all those lights lighted their faces up...

The other one was having kids that were grade to middle school turn, look and point out the Challenger. They knew what these cars were.

The Camaro still had another year before they were resurrected.

Its interesting to contrast that now I'll see a few Challengers on a given day...

I frequently get folks that nod / thumbs up in the crosswalk.

I've also had the "Jeep wave" from Wrangler drivers as well more recently...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've had many compliments including people hugging my dashboard, they were so excited to be sitting in it.

But my favorite was driving through an intersection and a guy waiting to cross the street looked at me and just started applauding and nodding his head as I flew by.

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
I have been asked on more than one occasion if I "did the restoration" myself :confused:

Me: "Nope, this a 2012"

Them: "What? I had no idea they were making these again" :scratchhead:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Back in the Fall of 2008 - I took delivery of my '09 once it arrived (I ordered in Summer '08)

I had one of a probably a handful in my area, so these were like "rock stars" in those early days.

I had people follow me into gas stations, folks stop to ask permission to take pictures.

The best was seeing a car behind me on the highway and if there were younger kids you'd see them pointing and asking their parents to speed up to get closer to the Challenger to see more of it...

Another one was driving at night and with those wall-to-wall brake lights (I had the WE sequentials, so the whole tail lighted up) you'd see the occupants talking and pointing since all those lights lighted their faces up...

The other one was having kids that were grade to middle school turn, look and point out the Challenger. They knew what these cars were.

The Camaro still had another year before they were resurrected.

Its interesting to contrast that now I'll see a few Challengers on a given day...

I frequently get folks that nod / thumbs up in the crosswalk.

I've also had the "Jeep wave" from Wrangler drivers as well more recently...

I remember those days. Used to have everyone at each intersection looking at me.

What I've gotten the most over the years are:

"I bet you get a lot of girls with that"

To which I respond..

"Nope, unfortunately just a lot of guys"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice Camaro
My wife and daughter do this one to me on purpose.. They see a Camaro on the road and say "Look, thats a car like yours." They know it gets under my skin..

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I remember those days. Used to have everyone at each intersection looking at me.

To which I respond..

Yeah, this last October my wife and I were driving around, and she said that every GUY I drove by stared at my car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL!

To which I respond..

LMAO!!! Yeah, my neighbor keeps stopping me in the road to ask me questions, I think he's wanting me to take him for a ride, lol. I see that you're in Modesto - I grew up in Modesto, CA!

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,711 Posts
I had just pulled into work parking lot and backed into a remote spot to as usual, and while I gathered up the various items I always bring into the office with me, I was still sitting in the car and had door open. All of a sudden I noticed a coworker striding very purposely toward me with an intense look on his face.

Now this is someone i often see walking the perimeter of the parking lot while chatting on phone, but I have never actually spoken to him, not even to exchange the occasional platitudes normally tosssd about when passing others in the hallways or break rooms.

As such, that morning’s unfolding situation had me disconcerted at first, and i don’t mind admitting I was getting increasingly anxious with each step this fella took in my direction.

When he reached the edge of my car’s opened door, he suddenly stopped, tilted the phone away from his mouth, and very calmly and clearly said to me,

“Man, I f**king love this car.”

And then, as swiftly as he had come at me, he strode away chatting on his phone (with what I have come to believe was probably an imaginary person).

To date, that is still the only time he has ever spoken to me, and see him every day walking circles around the parking lot, still chatting away on the phone...and no, I still don’t know if anyone is ever on the other end talking back to him. :shrug:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Few years back when you don't see 3 Challengers at every traffic light. People often asked is it Mustang? And I politely say yes! But Dodge made this one.

·
Super Moderator
14,203 Posts
Back in the Fall of 2008 - I took delivery of my '09 once it arrived (I ordered in Summer '08).
I had one of a probably a handful in my area, so these were like "rock stars" in those early days. I had people follow me into gas stations, folks stop to ask permission to take pictures.
I had the same experience because I got my 2009 Hemi orange SRT in Dec. 2008. One incident was kind of funny. I was exiting an interstate and a young guy, in an SUV who was passing me, hung most of his body out the passenger window trying to take a quick cell phone photo. He got the shot and, luckily, didn't fall out.

In another incident, a woman in a gas station asked me if she could take several photos of my Challenger to show her husband who loves MOPARs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,681 Posts
I had a young guy tell me "It looks like liquid glass". I can live with that, lol. A Guy

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
bumble bee

Something along the lines of "I like the Bumble Bee." Mostly stares as they walk by it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I get the thumb ups, wavings, the mouthings of "nice car", "how many hp is it!??" and the others.

I will never forget this as I was leaving a grocery store's parking lot as the three gothic boys probably in their 15ish years old walked by. One of them just gasped, putting his hand on his chest, and turned his head around to stared back at my Challenger as I passed them by. I think he fell in love with it. I hope it will inspire him to own a PCP Challenger someday.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,681 Posts
Hey just wanted some PCP colored eye shadow :)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 44 Posts