Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Underneath my post is an old post from Steve White. (I'm looking for the 3.73 ratio, though). Has anyone heard of a deal like this around nowadays? From some one that will ship to Canada?
I just bought a Maggie S/C for the car, as well as Diamond forged pistons, Manley H-Beam rods, Corsa cat back, American Racing long tube headers, stainless valves, and a few other odds and ends. The engine is being assembled at Cutting Edge in Kelowna BC, and tuned by Davenport Motorsports in Calgary. It's my first crack at something like this, and I know the open diff is a big issue on the 2008. I'd like to take it to the track with drag radials on it someday, and not go home on a trailer.
The tuners say it's going to make 630 flywheel HP, so that would be roughly 500 RWHP (or a bit more, maybe?).I'll have the dyno results next month.
Does anyone out there think I'll get away with the original 2008 rear end?
Would upgrading the torque converter be worthwhile?
Anything else I should be considering?
What would you veterans expect this car to run in the 1/4? (Near sea level)
The car is a daily driver with an occasional trip to the strip.
:SM030:

"2008 Challenger Getrag axle upgrade 3.92 ratio

in stock ready to ship, fits 2005 thru 2008 Charger, Challenger, Magnum & Chrysler 300

includes axles, hub bearings, center section and one additional bolt

on the SRT the driveshaft must be updated as well

1338.00 + shipping, all new Mopar components"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts