Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am looking for my first Challenger/Charger for around $30k "ish" and trying to figure out what dealership is the best in my region. I'm in northern MD and I am willing to travel up to 200 miles. Also I'm new to Challengers and Chargers so any input is useful. Looking between base Scat PR/T Plus (hard to find) and loaded GT AWD.

·
Super Moderator
14,033 Posts
I would highly recommend Bob Frederick's Columbiana Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge. I bought my SRT from him. For years, Bob has been the "go to" Mopar muscle car guy. He is into these cars more than anyone and is the number one supplier of the Scat Pack SHAKER and Scat Pack Charger to Scat Pack enthusiasts nationwide.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
153 Posts
I would highly recommend Bob Frederick's Columbiana Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge. I bought my SRT from him. For years, Bob has been the "go to" Mopar muscle car guy. He is into these cars more than anyone and is the number one supplier of the Scat Pack SHAKER and Scat Pack Charger to Scat Pack enthusiasts nationwide.

NOT! Had issue with my purchase. Just sayin'.

·
Super Moderator
14,033 Posts
NOT! Had issue with my purchase. Just sayin'.
Sorry you had a problem, but that is a rare occurrence.

Here is my story with Bob Frederick. In May 2008, I ordered a 2009 Challenger SRT (Hemi-orange) from Champion Dodge (near Chicago). After waiting 5 long months, I discovered that the dealership went bankrupt! Luckily, my $500 deposit was reimbursed from VISA. I was back to square one.

One of our former members, NOTSURE, put me in touch with Bob Frederick. Bob advised me that he had the exact car that I wanted on order for his dealership. While other dealers at the time were adding "market adjustments" to this high demand car, he offered to sell it to me at MSRP. In addition, he revised the order so that the window sticker would reflect that it was built expressly for me.

Over the course of 30 days, he was in constant communication with me. When he discovered that my Challenger was stuck in a holding lot in Detroit, he called in a favor and got it "hot-ticketed" to his dealership. When it arrived, he sent me some great photos of it being unloaded (see attached). I then negotiated a closed trailer delivery of my car (360 miles) for $500. Upon arrival, I was given a bag containing everything from the clear plastic seat coverings to the low clearance warning tag (see attached). Also, being a car guy, he knew not to drill the front bumper for my NJ license plate.

Overall, like many others, I had a great buying experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
153 Posts
Sorry you had a problem, but that is a rare occurrence.

Here is my story with Bob Frederick. In May 2008, I ordered a 2009 Challenger SRT (Hemi-orange) from Champion Dodge (near Chicago). After waiting 5 long months, I discovered that the dealership went bankrupt! Luckily, my $500 deposit was reimbursed from VISA. I was back to square one.

One of our former members, NOTSURE, put me in touch with Bob Frederick. Bob advised me that he had the exact car that I wanted on order for his dealership. While other dealers at the time were adding "market adjustments" to this high demand car, he offered to sell it to me at MSRP. In addition, he revised the order so that the window sticker would reflect that it was built expressly for me.

Over the course of 30 days, he was in constant communication with me. When he discovered that my Challenger was stuck in a holding lot in Detroit, he called in a favor and got it "hot-ticketed" to his dealership. When it arrived, he sent me some great photos of it being unloaded (see attached). I then negotiated a closed trailer delivery of my car (360 miles) for $500. Upon arrival, I was given a bag containing everything from the clear plastic seat coverings to the low clearance warning (see attached). Also, being a car guy, he knew not to drill the front bumper for my NJ license plate.

Overall, like many others, I had a great buying experience.
I didn't deal with Bob directly. I hear Bob is okay but the dealer not so much. Just sayin'. Bought my 2016 at the end of 2019.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,606 Posts
Steve White Motors

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Price is king though cheaper prices from a dealer earn my business
Price is nice, but how they treat you after the sale is what matters most.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts