Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 SXT+, but my question applies to most all Challengers: what is the best dry engine air filter? Is it the AEM, Spectre, Green Filter, etc.,...or the standard OEM Mopar Hellcat filter? These are the only "performance" filters I could think of, but if you've had experience with a DRY after-market air filter, please advise.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
853 Posts
dry is better then oiled, so just pick one U like.

Lucky me found a DRY CAI with a Donaldson filter like the diesels use !!! Corsa makes it.

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
392 with the HC bottom air box and light tube here.

I'm using the OEM HC filter. Working just fine.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,345 Posts
I had an Amsoil dry filter on my R/T K&N CAI. My SP Hellcat box came with an AEM dry filter.

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
I had the AEM dryflow filter in my '09 - well made and you gained a little more induction roar as an added bonus :)

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Is there a noticeable difference in throttle response after you converted?
Yes and no. The HC mod has crisper throttle response at high ambient temps. It's bringing in more cooler ambient air to a heat soaked engine.

No, at lower ambients, the engine performs the same as stock.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had the AEM filter in my HC airbox and it's worked well as far as I could tell, I was just looking to see if there is something better. I may pickup the OEM Hellcat and use it on the days I clean the AEM and waiting for it to dry.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
I use the AEM on mine, and I have the Hellcat lower airbox setup. Works well.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
795 Posts
I love these posts...It's like "What's the best oil?"...But here there is no AMS***............................cult...:LOL:

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the best DRY air filter with most air flow for a STOCK air filter box on a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT with a 5.7L HEMI. I don't want to mess around with oiled filtes of a Cold Air Intake system. I went to some performance filters like the MAHLE Hellcat filter (LX3482) and was told it WOULD fit my STOCK air box, It DID NOT FIT. I'am just looking the best performance without breaking the bank. Any suggestion?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts