Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week I spent a lot of time searching the forums and listening to videos on the web to find the best, low-cost option for improving the sound of my exhaust on my 08 SRT8 auto. I finally decided on replacing the suitcase with a pair of Jones Full Boar mufflers from www.LateModelRestoration.com. Here is a link to the mufflers: Jones Full Boar Performance Muffler - 2.5" Offset Inlet/Outlet at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

The mufflers were just under $110 shipped. I ordered them on Sunday and received them on Tuesday (it helps that I live so close to them). Today I took them to my local muffler shop and he installed them, removing the suitcase and both resonators for $120. So for $230 I got a new exhaust setup that sounds aboslutely amazing! At idle it is barely louder than stock but at moderate acceleration it really opens up, easily twice as loud. At WOT it is night and day different from stock. It is just the sound I was looking for. At the bottom of the page linked above there is a link to 2 videos that LRS made when they put this same setup on one of their cars. They DO NOT do the reality justice. If you like how the car sounds on those videos you will LOVE it in person.

As for drone, which is almost always an issue on the automatics, I don't hear any at all. At highway speeds (73 or so) it is barely louder than stock. I can hear my stereo fine at the same volume level and making calls through uConnect worked just like before. Originally I was just going to do a reso delete for $50. I can't say for sure how it would have sounded but considering what I ended up doing and how little it cost I am SO HAPPY I went the route I did.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sounds(pun intended) interesting. The person who bought my R/T removed the resonators and it made the car sound awesome, although he did say there was some drone and that's with the six speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts