Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you happen to have V6 you are stuck with the following cold-fact restrictions:
  • straight pipes will sound terrible
That being the only restriction that I know of, I want to modify my exhaust slightly to make it ever-so-louder, but not achieve 'ricer' status.

Please give me your best known option!

·
Registered
354 Posts
A few members here have had the center mufflers cut out and replaced with straight pipes leaving the resonators in place at the rear bumper with good results.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Yep I did that to mine.

Its a cheap mod for better sound, not too loud but louder than stock and a nice "tone" at speed with no interior drone because the "suitcases" resonators at the bumper are still on.

I paid an exhaust shop $100.00 to cut out the mid-pipe mufflers.

It actually got slightly louder after 50 or so miles of driving, I thought it was too quiet initially.
If you try it have the shop leave about 2" of pipe on each end of the muffler so they can put em back on if you don't like the sound. BUT give it some road time before you decide.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sound is subjective. What some think sounds great, others not so much. Solo seems to me the most popular option though. The Speedlogix/Zoomers system seems nice as well. Best thing to do is search Youtube, theres a bunch of vids there and you can decide.

I'm having the Gibson system installed in March. It has 2 things I really like and seem to think are key on the V6. Dual in/Dual out single muffler for sound, and rear resonators to control drone. Once I get it I'll make sure to put up a couple videos as they are lacking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If price is an issue, I listened to SoCal, and am happy. When I pound on it its a bit obnoxious, but for now it's a big improvement until I can afford better. Local ghetto shop did it for 60 for me.

2015 SXT Plus, STP, SGII, Granite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts