Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased 2014 challenger SXT, and was just sitting around doing some research, wondering what would be some great first mods to it. Performance, appearance, doesn't matter, just wanted to see what kind of things people had to say! Thanks guys, you are all awesome! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Hood

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
860 Posts
For me, it was stripes. I've had two Challengers so far and my first mod on both were stripes. There are many different styles and many different colors to choose from to make your Challenger stand out from the rest. If you don't want to stand out too much, even flat black stripes would look great on that car.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My first mod was the Mopar T Shifter on my automatic shift knob. It literally took 2 minutes to install. Get alot of compliments on it, especially through drive thru's. To me biggest bang for the buck so far has been the hockey stripes that I added. I have granite crystal and added matte black stripes. It personalizes the car in a big way and that seems to get the most compliments, since it's out there for everyone to easily see. Installed myself, wasn't very difficult. For the stripes I stayed away more complex items (like strobes) thinking it would be difficult but didn't initially know that the vendor I used makes those easy by setting it up for you on the backer. You just need to put the one sheet on and it's already lined up vs. them giving you 30 pieces you need to measure.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Catch can all day long.

Reactions: tweezyfbaby1

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
I agree on the catch can, had the car been a manual trans I'd say skip shift eliminator.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with Alkimo. Lower it! I've owned 2 Challengers a 2010 RT Classic and now a 2012 SRT8 392. I've lowered both and will do it again if I buy a 3rd. Looking at the Hellcat! Meowww!

·
Registered
81 Posts
on the topic of lowering, sorry to highjack, but whats the most recommended coilovers for our chally's?

my first mod was carbon fiber hood wrap and spoiler wrap.

my second was my solo performance catback

third was my tint

next on the list CAI, catchcan and we'll go from there...its an addicition.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Lowering the car, just go with some good springs. I know people keep saying coilovers but if you arent tracking your car than why would you need to play around with the suspension. Save yourself a ton of money and get some progressive springs like Eibach or even Mopar stage 1's. Second mod would be catch can and than wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.