Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what are some good gears to purchase to swap out the stock ones. Ones for a bit more accelerations and all that good jazz, I am still trying to learn about gears.... I did my search engine too and a bit over whelming. If any information or advice will be great :) thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
manual or auto?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feed back guys :) and it is a 5 speed, so 45slug, if you had to choose between 3.42 or 3.73... which one would you prefer?

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,407 Posts
Who makes a 3.42? Richmond has a 3.23 and a 3.55

[/QUOTE]

Go with the 3.55 it is a traditional Mopar gear, have that in my Dakota, my 72 Challenger had a 3.23...also there is a setting in the Diablo tuners for it.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
He might not have a Getrag, only the Automatics with Anti-Spin got the 226mm Getrag, the rest got the 215mm.

Here is a pic of both, 226mm Getrag on left, 215mm on right.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm going by my f-body knowledge/experience, didn't know the gearing options were so different with Chrysler/Dodge. 3.55 sounds like the way to go then, that's what I'll swap into my R/T
Ive been told by several shops that the 3.55 is currently on back order with availability mid-late summer. If you find some 3.55, please let me know where. I was also told that when production resumes, they wont be made in USA like the current ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Supporting vendor Speedlogix has rear end sets in various ratios. Check them out.

Reactions: austindro
1 - 10 of 10 Posts