Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I need some advice and opinions as to what others are using for cleaning their cars glass, both inside and out. There are a number of products out there but not sure about what type of results I will get.

Also, is anyone using any special glass cleaning tools, maybe something like this- Glass Master Pro Glass and Surface Cleaner

All opinions and suggestions gratefully accepted on this thread...........for both product and tools.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've used SprayWay glass cleaner for 40 years. Works great and you can get it at big box discount stores. It's a foam, so it won't run down your glass while you're trying to wipe the glass clean.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I spray invisible glass on a waffle weave microfiber made for glass, works great! Haven't used the special tool but others on the forum have said it works well.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
When I do use a glass cleaner, it usually is Sprayway (the product Jon mentioned). I've been using for years as well and part of the reason I still do is likely nostalgic (call me weird, but I like the smell). ....it also works. ;) I also think Rick brought up a good point....

The more important aspect to glass cleaning (IMO/IME) is the media you choose. There are by no means any definitive answers on the subject. If you browse the detailing forums you will see there are just as many opinions and preferences on glass cleaning as most other topics. However, I'm confident the media does make the most difference.

In fact (in my case), while have a few "go to" towels in my drawers I use for glass (and they work well), I'm always on the lookout for the "perfect solution". I'm also using small WW glass towels I acquired from Pak Shak. I've also been experimenting with flat weaves and a couple of others. When in doubt, I think your best bet is to try a task-specific glass towel. However, I would recommend buying one or just a couple before committing yourself to a larger purchase. You don't want to use the towel and find out you don't like it's characteristics (i.e. liniting, etc.) after you already bought a bunch of them.

I have no experience with that device either but if you do decide to pull the trigger, please post up your experiences. I'm not getting any younger and the windscreen on the Challenger is a bit of a pain to wipe down on the inside. ....not to mention the back window. Even if the bonnets suck I would imagine you might be able to use your favorite towel(s) wrapped and secured around the head.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
If you don't mind the smell, vinegar and water works well too.
It does make your car interior smell like a salad for a short time.. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you don't mind the smell, vinegar and water works well too.
It does make your car interior smell like a salad for a short time.. :scratchhead:
I thought about this but was worried that I would be hungry every time I got into the car :yikes:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I thought about this but was worried that I would be hungry every time I got into the car :yikes:
I wonder what would happen if i dropped about a half ounce of aftershave in the bottle with the vinegar! Hey, worst case scenario it'll smell like it just got a clean shave right after I fed it lunch. And, if I use Hai Karate aftershave. Girls!! You better look out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
YEP Invisible Glass ,You can't go wrong with this stuff works great :thup::thup::thup:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all who answered my question on this thread. Based on the group consensus I went out and bought some Invisible Glass this afternoon. Then went to Costco and wouldn't you know it but they had a 4-pack of the stuff for the price of two of the cans that I had just purchased :disgust:. So the other stuff is going back in the morning.

The other thing about the Costco package was that the Invisible Glass did not have the "rain repellent" added to it. Now I know that I live in a rain forest, or as the west coasters call it liquid sunshine, but I do not plan on driving the car very much when it is wet so was actually looking for some that did not have this lovely additive. Has anyone tried the IG with the rain repellent added? If so how did it really work?

I decided not to buy a special tool at this either as I will use my existing MF for glass. I can still reach and stretch for the crevices, even though sometimes I feel like I am in the Circus when cleaning the cars.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sprayway is probably the best but I do use several brands. I tend to use the liquids such as Surf City Clearly Better on the interior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts