Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an old school manual style 2010 RT! I want to only change the exhaust cat back and run a K&N filter. I don't want any other mod's; therefore, I want to get as much as I can out of these two.
What are the top four systems in regards to increasing horse power? How much back pressure do I need to now blow the exhaust valve or damage my head? I want this thing to improve all around as in the bottom, mid, and top end. Would be cool if an increase in fuel mileage was possible at highway speeds. I don't want to lose in order to gain and want a stainless steel system. I am leaning towards the Flowmaster "American Thunder" series or just straight side or rear exit pipes from the cat back... I am going to drive this 5 days a week and don't want to put a Sunday track exhaust on. Any dyno tests on an other wise stock RT? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked them out but I am looking for something louder than the average aftermarket exhaust. What exactly is drone? Have any systems been designed to give max HP gains? How much back pressure does the Dodge engin need in order to not blow the exhaust valve over longterm use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts