Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any consensus on this?, prefer made in usa and under 300 as there seem to be a bunch of high dollar ones out there but is the juice worth the squeeze?

would like it a little thicker cover not something too flimsy, will be used for winter storage so not taking it off every day but may use it weekly in the summer just to keep the dust off if it go's on and off easy.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
is there any consensus on this?, prefer made in usa and under 300 as there seem to be a bunch of high dollar ones out there but is the juice worth the squeeze?

would like it a little thicker cover not something too flimsy, will be used for winter storage so not taking it off every day but may use it weekly in the summer just to keep the dust off if it go's on and off easy.
I would go OEM WB cover. It's made specifically for the fender flares. I like thin synthetic covers. Stay away from anything that can hold moisture.
Breath-ability is very important.
I have OEM covers on both of my Pontiacs. They are made of very soft nylon and have worked beautifully for 19 years.

Reactions: ebizbuddy

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks skt, i have a covercraft on my trans am, but it is likely 15 years old and when i looked at their covers now i had sticker shock:rolleyes:.
apparently im getting old and loosing touch of what things cost.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I prefer a flannel cover for interior storage.Have had these on a few different cars and really like them:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Dilemma. They are all a pia, and all contribute to swirl marks. Been using mine less. Only used when car is absolutely clean and for extended storage dust. Sometimes for security on the road. I need one for the 69 and don’t know which one to buy. This after owning and buying them for 25 years. Some are light, some are heavy and God help you if using in windy weather.

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Dilemma. They are all a pia, and all contribute to swirl marks. Some are light, some are heavy and God help you if using in windy weather.
I do not have a garage so my 2009 SRT is parked in my driveway. I have tried two expensive outdoor covers from Covercraft- the Weathershield HP and the Noah. I liked the lightweight high-tech Weathershield HP, but it flapped terribly in the wind and eventually ripped in the roof area. I now use the heavier and bulkier Noah.

One nice thing about Covercraft is that they give you a free replacement if it fails while under warranty. Over the years, I have received 3 free covers under its 4-year warranty.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Covercraft makes the best covers there are. I use them on every car in my collection. They have a configurator on their website so you can customize it for softness, dust protection, etc. Be prepared to pay top dollar though.

Reactions: 1973Cuda

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
827 Posts
I would not want the swirl marks and so would probably never use a cover, inside or out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would not want the swirl marks and so would probably never use a cover, inside or out.
If you make sure your car is clean before installing the cover and use the right one, a cover inside will be safe on your paint. I have a vehicle I purchased new in 1996 and stored it indoors under a flannel cover for probably the first 20 years (before I built a more finished garage). It has absolutely no swirl marks or scratches from the car cover.

Agreed I would never use one outside

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I always make sure my Firehawks are clean before I put their covers on. 19 Years and no swirl marks. Always indoors.
Never outdoors.

Reactions: Butterscotch71

·
Registered
458 Posts
Covercraft Form-Fit

I have two. Will order one for challenger as soon as car is delivered. Very happy with them. Just have to make sure car is clean before covering. Not that it applies to OP’s question but I wouldn’t use an outdoor cover if I could help it. Car covers and wind combine to mess up your finish.

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
If you check the original comment/question which started this thread here is the operative word: indoors. I have the same problem living in the country. Even with a brand new, well sealed garage door, dust still gets in. So - I would think you would want something light weight but with a cloth underside so as not to scratch.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If you check the original comment/question which started this thread here is the operative word: indoors. I have the same problem living in the country. Even with a brand new, well sealed garage door, dust still gets in. So - I would think you would want something light weight but with a cloth underside so as not to scratch.
Yes, my Firehawk's are garage kept under covers. But if I uncover them for the weekend they do get dusty. I just use a California type duster to remove the dust before I recover them.
After 20 years they still look like brand new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts