Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed some Magnaflow mufflers on my '11 SE and I want to change the tips out (the tips at the muffler shop sucked). Just wanted to see some pictures of tips that you guys have. I really like the look of the quads btw. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
"best looking" (insert subject here) is completely subjective to the individual. basically an eye of the beholder thing.
lots of tips shown in the exhaust video sticky thread

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I got the mopar tips. they are better than the stock single tips that was on the car.

Attachments

Reactions: Ashoka

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thx for the pics Dad&Hemi, I like both a whole lot. I'm guessing you need the whole system to get certain tips. I don't know about Magna, but we have a place nearby that does a ton of flowmaster stuff and they have a crap ton of tips to choose from, been thinking of going over there and 'trying some on' so to speak...

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Mopar/Borla tips are best IMO. I'm talking about the rectangular quad tips, not the oval.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a fan of quad tips. Mine's a Magnaflow - really liked the tips the system came with.
Any idea if you can purchase the tips separately? I know you said they came with it, but you know if they are sold anywhere else without the system?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Any idea if you can purchase the tips separately? I know you said they came with it, but you know if they are sold anywhere else without the system?
Don't know - but the system I have comes in 2 models. One re-uses the stock tips, the other comes with the quads. I'm going to assume since there's an option that you can get the tips alone. I got mine off their website direct; maybe contact them and see if you can buy just the tips?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Personally I prefer the Pypes tips. They look the most retro IMO. I did like the MBRP tips as well til I noticed that the inlet is more to one side. Where as the Pypes tips inlet is centered between the two outlets.

First 2 pics are of Pypes tips. Last pic is of a 1971 Challenger

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I got the quad tips as part of the deal from the dealership. I like those quad round tips better though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.