Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as the title states, looking to add a positive displacement blower to my 15 R/T 5,7. What are the best sites to work with, and what are the better kits? I see Steve White likes Maggies...Mods are listed in my signature..I do go drag racing..

·
Registered
2013 R/T
230 Posts
Whipple is the loudest, maybe the Kenn Bell, the TVS 2300 screws on the Edelbrock and Magnuson are pretty quiet, I love my Edelbrock silent killer on my R/T. I have had an earlier Magnuson in my 2005 Silverado since 2005 and its whines and is OK there, but I like it quiet in my R/T.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KB. 2.8 Liquid Twin. Sweet.
I like the Kenn Belle, but all online resources say up to 2014 only?? I have a 15, but my PCM is already unlocked...

Those with MDS, have you removed the MDS system prior to S/C install? If you did remove it, did you end up camming the car at the same time?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
M6 so no MDS. Solo kit. No other upgrades. Boost a pump part of kit, recommended heat range for new NGK plugs. Also a brace to lessen wheel hop. Whine detectable at idle, barely. Like a voice saying “I’m here when you need me. Nice whine on accel. Did make the ESP hyperactive.

BTW, was gonna go Whipple but only 49 State compliant. Would pass emissions in California.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
My Magnuson has a louder whine than my friends 2.9 whipple, not quite as loud as the hellcat but you hear it. It also seems to differ from car to car depending on both intake and exhaust setups more than the supercharger itself

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
Man I have been without my Challenger for 3 WEEKS, I am going nuts. If I don't get a call today, that it is off the Dyno and done, I don't know what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Man I have been without my Challenger for 3 WEEKS, I am going nuts. If I don't get a call today, that it is off the Dyno and done, I don't know what I'm going to do.
Ooof 3 weeks, that's why I like diy, you finish on your own time. Should be a lot of fun tho, just met another guy with a 5.7 whipple charger that was making redeyes look slow at the track

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
Ooof 3 weeks, that's why I like diy, you finish on your own time. Should be a lot of fun tho, just met another guy with a 5.7 whipple charger that was making redeyes look slow at the track
well it got a Torque Converter upgrade, 1 piece drive shaft, differential brace, exhaust work and the Whipple plus a Dyno and Transmission tune.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey all, as the title states, looking to add a positive displacement blower to my 15 R/T 5,7. What are the best sites to work with, and what are the better kits? I see Steve White likes Maggies...Mods are listed in my signature..I do go drag racing..
The only one I can tell you about for sure is the ProCharger. It has quite a whine, sitting in the car with the hood open. A bit quieter hood down. Driving, you can year it from inside, until you get to about 2500 or so RPM and then the exhaust overtakes the whine. Not sure how it sounds from outside while driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts