Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for around a 2-2.5" drop for my R/T looking for a good handling setup
im also getting ready to buy my wheels as well(22" racelines or vipers)
will i also need new shocks as well? what brand is the best
car is just my weekend warrior/show car

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure about the 22's being an Issue or not, but I have the Eibach Sportline plus kit on my SE, the drop was a full 2 inches. The springs plus sway bars made a major difference in the handling as well.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I'm not sure about the 22's being an Issue or not, but I have the Eibach Sportline plus kit on my SE, the drop was a full 2 inches. The springs plus sway bars made a major difference in the handling as well.
1+, Eibach seems the most popular option..

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
If your looking to get really low then go with fully adjustable coilovers and be done this way you can adjust for your desired clearance also this will set you right for changes down the road... I caution you they are pricey but that's my suggestion...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just bought my 22" lorenzo wheels 22x8.5 and 22x10 so i cant wait to get them on tomorrow

·
Registered
373 Posts
I installed the Hotchkis 2" drop kit on my '09 R/T (springs, swaybars) and loved it until I noticed the alignment had chewed up the inside of my front tires. Front spoiler hit everything, curbs, dogs, small pebbles, so you'll have to get used to that. Also, If you go more than 1/5" drop you'll need to fix the alignment issues. Many kits on the market to do this, just pricey. Without it you will wear out your tires pronto. Hotchkis makes a great lowering setup and probably has the best handling out of any of the kits available, but it is a little rough over the bumps. You'll need to get new shocks, as the stock ones don't work very well with the drop. If you can swing the alignment kits to go with it I'd go with Hotchkis instead of the coilovers.

On my new R/T I went with the Eibach 1.5" pro kit (springs and shocks - bought from TireRack online) so I wouldn't have to mess with the alignment issues. Very happy with it. Ride is great, not harsh at all, and my 20's clear without any problems and just clears most parking blocks.

At any rate, that's what I've learned.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
The word "best" is subjective, but I've been more than pleased with the Mopar Stage One lowering springs.

They did everything that I wanted, but maintained the ride quality and gave me the "drop" that I was looking for:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Also have to worry about the Nivomats if the car has them. . At 2" of drop I'd go Eibach Sportlines personally on a non-daily driven car. If daily driven I'd go with the Stage 1's like 19johned53 recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts