Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, got my B5 Challenger R/T Classic about a 1 1/2 weeks ago. It's a six speed, it was optioned pretty nicely....sunroof, navigation, interior appearance group, electronic convenience package, sound group II and hid's. I was wondering what mod's everyone recommends. It sounds like the hurst shifter is a must as well as the hood props. I also like the idea of having a cabin air filter as well so will probably do that. Any other must do's?? Thanks!

Matt

I'm a Chrysler employee so I get a discount on Mopar parts but if anyone has recommendations for vendors that would be great!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The Mopar CAI looks nice and help the sound alot on an auto, not sure about a 6 speed. With your discount you might get it for what most of us pay for K&N. I love my lock pick with the camera. It really helps seeing out of the car. If your just wanting it to look better under the hood the Billet underhood kit gets rid of the funny looking yellow stuff under there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mopar CAI looks nice and help the sound alot on an auto, not sure about a 6 speed. With your discount you might get it for what most of us pay for K&N. I love my lock pick with the camera. It really helps seeing out of the car. If your just wanting it to look better under the hood the Billet underhood kit gets rid of the funny looking yellow stuff under there.
Thanks, yes I forgot about the lock pick. I believe you had mentioned that in my intro post. I would be looking at around $280 for the Mopar CAI, is that a decent price?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I guess that is a decent price. The only reason I question the pricing is the quote I got on the hurst shifter. List price shows $550 or so, I have seen it around $350 online..not the mopar part number though.

·
Super Moderator
13,947 Posts
As far a dress-up items, I would recommend Challenger door sills, racing pedals, and custom floor and trunk mats for the interior. In the engine bay, I would recommend the MOPAR CAI, stainless steel hoses, owner name plate, and billet caps and plates.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Ya their pretty proud of their stuff at the dealership. The only reason I went with the Mopar CAI was that way there's no worry about voiding the warranty (even though it's $100 more) and I've heard the K&N one if you over oil it will make the Throttle body go nuts. I've got an auto with a Mopar Thandle so I have no idea how much shifters cost.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
As far a dress-up items, I would recommend Challenger door sills, racing pedals, and custom floor and trunk mats for the interior. In the engine bay, I would recommend the MOPAR CAI, stainless steel hoses, owner name plate, and billet caps and plates.
doesn't his car already have the mopar racing pedals and door sills as part of the interior appearance group? or at least the pedals for being a 6-speed?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, got the sills and pedals. Got the mopar floor mats that say Challenger in the front only. I'll be looking into custom mats. The mopar cai sounds like a decent deal, so if there are no real performance gains does it just sound and look better??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oil catch can, get rid of the stock exhaust and let those puppies breathe(besides letting everyone know by some serious noise that there is some mean horses under the hood), Diablo Sport Tune, to get the most out of the engine, and beef up the suspension so you don't feel like you are driving a boat. I had Richard Petty's Garage in NC install their Petty R/T Strut Tower Brace, and Pedders LX Rear & Front Sway Bar Kits, & Rear Sway Bar Arms.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Mopar CAI looks good, what aftermarket stuff would void warranties??
I know the Himi tech at the dealeship I go to says that CAIs won't void the warranty but if you use one that has oil on the filter and you put to much oil on it that voids the warranty. Diablosport says that a tune will not void your warranty but alot of people say it does so that is up in the air. I'm sure that internal parts (cams, heads ect) would void the warranty.
I had a thread on here about voiding warranties and it seems like it's all up to the dealer on what they tell Dodge shouldn't be covered.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Catch can, DiabloSport Predator tune, aftermarket cat-back exhaust, CAI or K&N drop in (although the CAI looks a lot better), splash guards (really helps keep the road gunk off your car), and strut tower brace (flattens cornering noticeably). Since you have an R/T, I'd also go with the lowered suspension upgrades others recommend - improves handling big time. Go with the stainless door sill plates, looks nice and saves from scratching the paint too. I added some engine bling and custom mats on the floors and trunk (Lloyds makes some great Challenger stuff).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, the list keeps getting longer...well I will have to prioritize...what is the deal with the skip shift? I read about it in the manual, haven't had the car out enough I guess..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hmm, the list keeps getting longer...well I will have to prioritize...what is the deal with the skip shift? I read about it in the manual, haven't had the car out enough I guess..
If you have a six speed under certain conditions the skip shift feature forces you to shift from 1st to 4th. A real pain. The skip shift eliminator goes on the transmission, a plug and play device, that prevents this from happening.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts