Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically want to swap the stockers for better flow and slight sound elevation but still take it through town at night. I'm getting cut outs too so that's why I don't need the borla or violators. Anyone have a pretty tame muffler swap ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Some of the quietest mufflers at part throttle are the Dynomax mufflers with the straight- thru design and fiberglass packing. At full throttle, I know of no performance muffler that will be quiet. I am curious to see what others suggest.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the quietest mufflers at part throttle are the Dynomax mufflers with the straight- thru design and fiberglass packing. At full throttle, I know of no performance muffler that will be quiet. I am curious to see what others suggest.
Even part throttle will work. Just something to have tame around the neighbor when the cutouts close. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I recommend the largest Magnaflow mufflers that will fit the location. Can't ask for much better flow, and the tone with the larger body/case is relatively mellow.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Check out the Flowmaster mufflers with Laminar Flow design (Super HP2, Pro, and Dbx series), as well as the 50, 60, and 70 series mufflers with the longer, larger cases.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You don't have to keep the resonators. There is some restriction in the resonators though most people I believe remove them to make their Challenger louder. The Dynomaxs will be relatively quiet at part throttle as well as other mufflers that employ the straight-thru design with the fiberglass packing inside them. The Ultraflows will work, yes. Although not a straight thru design the super turbos are a good muffler that is also quiet. You can gouge into the pedal some when driving around and the turbos don't get too loud. On their website, Dynomax lists the Super turbos as the quietest followed by the VT mufflers. Go to the website and listen to mufflers under the heading Sounds of Dynomax. Dynomax also make Thrush Mufflers. The Thrush glasspacks are not loud at part throttle either. And are inexpensive at about 25 bucks a piece. They are not too bad as far as how loud they get under some aggressive driving. Though I guess it does depend on your idea of loud. They have sound clips of the Thrush mufflers on their website also.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Magnaflow

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I replaced the resonators with a Magnaflow 16894 axle back it on my car, or you can just replace the resonators with magnaflow 11366 mufflers. The stock mufflers are a open straight through design that flows real good. The resonators are the restrictive part in the exhaust system, besides the cats.
My exhaust has a nice deep note to it that is not loud. But best thing I noticed is no drone at any speed. When driving down the road, it sounds almost stock, but when you stand on the throttle it sounds nice but not real loud.
I will say that Flowmaster mufflers will make your sound like a mustang with a tin can exhaust with a bad case of drone. I had them on my Cuda for a day before I torched them off and installed Magnaflows. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I replaced the resonators with a Magnaflow 16894 axle back it on my car, or you can just replace the resonators with magnaflow 11366 mufflers. The stock mufflers are a open straight through design that flows real good. The resonators are the restrictive part in the exhaust system, besides the cats.
My exhaust has a nice deep note to it that is not loud. But best thing I noticed is no drone at any speed. When driving down the road, it sounds almost stock, but when you stand on the throttle it sounds nice but not real loud.
I will say that Flowmaster mufflers will make your sound like a mustang with a tin can exhaust with a bad case of drone. I had them on my Cuda for a day before I torched them off and installed Magnaflows. :icon_smile:
Nice that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks. Don't have a video by chance do you? But your description is exactly what I want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.