Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
msnbc.com - What's your favorite American muscle car?

check out the link above, I just saw this while surfing the web and I cannot believe the results so far, now I know we got more people on here then 670! camaro has 1,569 and mustangs have 2,126. hopefully we can get some people in here to vote and get the numbers up for our challengers and take over this voting poll

:werd:

·
Registered
226 Posts
The numbers for Challengers will always be lower than the other two...ours have the lowest production numbers. Total production for Challengers, all three years, is less than one year for Camaro....and forget the Stang, they are a dime a dozen. We are a more exclusive group which shows our better taste ;) All of them are cool cars.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with all of the above. If you read the comments below on the msnbc polls, I hate when people bash on our challengers, thats the main reason why I posted this, lol, just to get our numbers higher, I like all 3 cars to be honest but I like the challenger best out of all of them, by a long shot, and I love how they are not a dime a dozen, but I still wont talk bad about the camaro or mustang, I think they are great cars, just love the challenger, but hate those idiots that own the other two makes and just want to talk bad about our cars
:redcap:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good question! but we are now up past the 700 mark now! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Added my vote. May not get past those other two but who cares, I rather have the challenger than either of them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i voted. anyone else going to vote..

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,793 Posts
Just voted for the Camaro...J/K LOL! We'll get there if everyone here gets involved.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I like Transformers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just voted....we gotta keep this going. I was surprised that there wasn't all that much smack talk in the comments. (I didn't read em' all so who knows) Seems like it's staying pretty civil for the time being.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The numbers for Challengers will always be lower than the other two...ours have the lowest production numbers. Total production for Challengers, all three years, is less than one year for Camaro....and forget the Stang, they are a dime a dozen. We are a more exclusive group which shows our better taste ;) All of them are cool cars.
I agree and would add that the Challenger does not have a feminine bone in its body(Motor trend called it the Manly Man's Manmobile) so you will probably have more women vote for the other two.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
msnbc.com - What's your favorite American muscle car?

check out the link above, I just saw this while surfing the web and I cannot believe the results so far, now I know we got more people on here then 670! camaro has 1,569 and mustangs have 2,126. hopefully we can get some people in here to vote and get the numbers up for our challengers and take over this voting poll

:werd:
It's MSNBC... most of their viewers think the only acceptable Muscle car is a Toyota Prius
Vote 803 & 805 here.. 2 PC's & 2 challengers = 2 votes :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Already been there!
This was my post on 1/8

These cars are head and shoulders above their 1960s-70s predecessors. I get 23 real MPG with my Challenger R/T in mixed driving without even trying. People who are serious about it get mid-upper 20s. That's not bad at all.
With all that, at my age (53) it's still the fastest production car I've ever owned. And faster than the hot rods that I've built. (To include the V8 Fiero.)
No denying that it's a big (actually "full size") car, but then it's supremely comfortable to drive. I can drive for hours and not get tired. It's also quite possibly the best built car I've ever owned. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Dodge or Chrysler. I'm just waiting to see what they're going to do for a follow-up. Rumors abound!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I wouldn't waste a minute visiting anything with NBC attached to it.
Gee, thanx for the support...

I voted.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Posted the link on Red Letter Dodge's Facebook page ;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I voted, but the Challenger is never going to catch the Ford or Chevy, just not as many of them out there.

That said, if you read the posts, a lot of them bash us because the Camaro or Mustang can kick our ass. I'm not sure if that's supposed to get a rise out of Challenger owners, or what, but I bought mine fully aware that it was technically slower than either of the other "musclecars".

I mean, where, in this country, today is the miniscule difference in power and acceleration going to be a factor unless you go to the track. If you have a Camaro SS or Mustang GT pull up next to you at a light, and you decide to race I will guarantee that one or both of you will end up pulled over. I don't know what the penalties are for racing where eveyone else lives, but they're pretty stiff in VA.

My experience with people that bash other people is those are the insecure ones. If they own one of these cars, and have to bash the other two, then that tells me they're not sure they made the right choice, and the only way for them to feel better about themselves is denigrate the others. Little people, little minds.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts