Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
We've garnered 40 votes since I found this thread yesterday (four of them are mine). Our percentage has gone up by 0.6% since last night so we are making a difference.

I just posted that link at the Ram SRT10 forum to gather a little more support. If everyone voted once, we could catch the Camaro in no time.

Funny how asking everyone to click their index finger once is like asking too much!! We could jump to the lead in ONE day if everyone voted...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd rather them keep thinking Stang's & 'Maro's are the coolest actually. I wouldn't be as fond of the Challenger if I saw them nearly as much as I see those two. Voting 'Stang. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
"quote" That said, if you read the posts, a lot of them bash us because the Camaro or Mustang can kick our ass. I'm not sure if that's supposed to get a rise out of Challenger owners, or what, but I bought mine fully aware that it was technically slower than either of the other "musclecars".

I tottally agree, the mustang can indeed kick our ass, not sure on the camaro (this really depends on driver imo) but anyways, I also bought this car and knew it was slower, but man does the challenger just look 100 times better. not that the two other cars are ugly, they look good with mustang being last in looks, but the challenger just looks...better. I mean yes quickness and speed matter, but if that's all you want, there are less expensive routes to go and get a high horsepower car. my buddy bought a 2004 terminator cobra for 18k with 42,000 miles and bought a $120 pulley and now has 536hp! I paid $40+ and I am stuck at 365-380hp range! but I get way more compliments and looks on my car in one weekend then he gets in few months or ever, still just a mustang:bigthumb: but if we line up he will crush me! so that said, who cares if the other two are faster, I'm still voting, even if that msnbc thread is from a few weeks ago, I just figured I would post it to get our numbers up! and it has gone up a ton. thanks to all for voting.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
We just passed Camaro!!!! :D keep it up guys!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yup, in second. I just did my bit for king and country.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I added my Challenger vote. And I couldn't care less which car can kick another cars' a$$. I got the Challenger because I thought it was the best looking car.

It's also the largest which is nice because it rides nicely and I carry a lot of bicycle stuff in my trunk when I go to bike races. :D

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Please stop voting for the Challenger. The last thing I want is a bunch of non enthusiasts driving around in Challengers making it the new, see on every corner Mustang.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Please stop voting for the Challenger. The last thing I want is a bunch of non enthusiasts driving around in Challengers making it the new, see on every corner Mustang.
LOL, my exact thoughts. :D

The truth of the matter is it probably won't matter. Most people see I get X performance for Y dollars and the Challenger has the highest cost to benefit ratio; therefore, they will pass and go buy a Mustang or Camaro. I think we can all attest to the fact what makes this car a joy to own & drive is much, much more than peformance and/or dollar statistics. Not that I don't mind to kick a little Camaro or Mustang ass or anything, lol.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
LOL, my exact thoughts. :D

The truth of the matter is it probably won't matter. Most people see I get X performance for Y dollars and the Challenger has the highest cost to benefit ratio; therefore, they will pass and go buy a Mustang or Camaro. I think we can all attest to the fact what makes this car a joy to own & drive is much, much more than peformance and/or dollar statistics. Not that I don't mind to kick a little Camaro or Mustang ass or anything, lol.
I think you're exactly right on this. I bought a Challenger because I wanted a *Challenger* (specifically a Hemi Challenger), not a "muscle car". If Dodge had never come out with it, I might, in a moment of weakness, have considered a 'stang, but that would have passed. Camaro would never even have been in the running.

If I was in the market for a muscle car though, and didn't care what brand it was (and didn't have unlimited funds), I would certainly be looking at both the Ford and the Chevy. They both have the whole 'bang for the buck' thing down.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
We shouldn't have to worry about that too much. Pricing alone will keep the numbers low on the Challengers. For ever one of us on the forums there's probably 10-20 people that will buy the cheapest V8 of the 3.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I got a lot of the Viper truck crowd to vote. If you haven't checked out the results lately... you might want to look again.

The Challenger crowd has spoken, and we are spanking both the Camaro and the Mustang in this poll by a long shot now!!

msnbc.com - What's your favorite American muscle car?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,804 Posts
We shouldn't have to worry about that too much. Pricing alone will keep the numbers low on the Challengers. For ever one of us on the forums there's probably 10-20 people that will buy the cheapest V8 of the 3.
Or V6, even though I think the Challenger is in a whole different league just looking at it. The new engine is a big plus too.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
yep voted a day or two ago and we were almost double the others, won't matter, when it comes to magazine racers they'll choose the mustang because its lighter and quicker, not because it has the looks that kill and a motor to back up its stance. I have no problem with that, ford deserves kudos for finally making a contender with their mustang, they've played second fiddle for way too long. I also prefer to have one that isn't seen on every street or every 4th driveway in some shape or form. I got mine to stand out and show its individuality...and in most gathering situations its one of the only DY cars to show up. Occasionally a 2nd may show up too. I see black, i see b5 blue often, and i see red and orange, but rarely see DY's. Even the camaro fanboys love the dy challenger...got a compliment at lunch today from a camaro owner.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Heh... Practical people like Challengers. A guy I work with was asking me about mine. Said that he's looking for something with a real trunk. (It also doesn't hurt that he used to drive Road Runners.)
Even though we get X-Plan prices on Ford products, he still wants a Challenger (as did I.)
He was asking me questions about my R/T, and I could see the excitement in his eyes. :D
Going to drive mine to work and let him check it out as soon as it stops raining/snowing/sleeting/freezing over.

Pop in and register if you read this, David!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts