Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Odd, I've read a lot of people cured the tick with Mobil 1. :)

I ran it and RP in my '11, couldn't have been happier. PP made it much noisier.

Hard to go wrong with oil these days, though. Not likely to hear of anyone that has an oil-related engine failure unless they never change their oil.
I thought the same thing. It's a pretty rare event for engine failure due to the brand of oil used unless you just run the hell out of it and never change it. Myself, I use Mobil One and I have no Hemi tick. I changed it 5500 miles ago and it still looks like honey.

I used Valvoline in my 1970 Roadrunner 383 and never a problem with that either.

I also use my car year 'round as well.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT Shaker
151 Posts
I use (and like) Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in my 2014 300. But will have an oil analysis after my 1st 2k miles oil change. But if I defect to another brand, it'll be Amsoil...

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
613 Posts
Pennzoil ultra.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the owner's manual recommend regular oil for the 5.7? And that oil changes should be at the minimum once a year or 10000 miles (16000 km)? Maybe I read wrong.

·
Registered
14,849 Posts
That's correct, the 5.7L is MS-6395 5W-20 conventional oil and change the oil when the system tells you to change it but in no case shall that interval be more than 12 months, 10,000 miles or 350 engine hours.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJS

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Some oils are highly refined, to the point where they are allowed to advertise as a synthetic; however, they come from bazillion-year-old crushed dinosaurs and vegetation like regular oils.

True synthetics, like Royal Purple, are completely man-made.
Amsoil. One of few true synthetics. 0-30 in the 5.7 with MDS. PURRS. FCA-CDJR-Puegot recommends 0-20 for emissions. Too thin.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts