Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards Hawks pads. Who makes the best non brembo price rotors and are they as good as brembo? How much would i be looking at parts only for pads and rotors for a 14 SRT?

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT, Billet Silver, Black Rally Stripes, A8
559 Posts
The Powerstops have been great on my SRT.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I installed Power Stop K4023 with Z26 pads on my 2013 SRT8 and was very impressed. On Amazon, it was $460 shipped. I have since installed them on my wife's Jeep Compass.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
I'm leaning towards Hawks pads. Who makes the best non brembo price rotors and are they as good as brembo? How much would i be looking at parts only for pads and rotors for a 14 SRT?
I think the Power Stops are much better in the dust department as well.

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I’ve experimented with 7 different pad manufacturers and Powerstop was not my first choice. I eventually settled on Stop Tech “street” pads and DBA front rotor rings. All the Brembo bite with less dust. Hawks are good but squeal like crazy on my 6 piston fronts. Prob. because of so much pad surface to contend with but I do run them on the rears with good results. I really wanted to try Akebono but they don’t make a 6 piston caliper pad.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Best and cheaper typically don't go together, unless your definition of "best" means trading off performance for less dust or noise.

Think of removing a set of high performance summer tires and replacing them with all-seasons. They aren't going to perform as well on a track or in spirited driving on a nice road. That's basically what you're doing but with brake pads.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Best and cheaper typically don't go together, unless your definition of "best" means trading off performance for less dust or noise.

Think of removing a set of high performance summer tires and replacing them with all-seasons. They aren't going to perform as well on a track or in spirited driving on a nice road. That's basically what you're doing but with brake pads.
My 28 year old son drove my new Scat for the first time yesterday with the 6 piston Brembos. He's a car guy and the brakes were the thing that impressed him the most. I'll live with the dust!

Reactions: BlackHemi41

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT, Billet Silver, Black Rally Stripes, A8
559 Posts
I say you give up a little bit but not much.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Some owners in this forum have stated that the Powerstop Z26 or Z23 do leave a lot to be desired when pushed hard, particularly on a track. Tendency to fade and wear very quickly.

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
I would not use the Z23 or Z26 on the track ever, I did once and did not care for them at all. I will say for daily spirited driving they are awesome and the price is right. I really could not stand having to clean my wheels all the time.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
885 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts